NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
extension mysqli is not compiled into PHP

I am on the 15 day trial period for PhpEd 9.0.

I am getting this Pear error message when trying to access a mysql database using the MDB2/MDB2_Driver_mysqli Pear packages: "extension mysqli is not compiled into PHP"

I'm running on Windows 8 (new machine), and phpInfo tells me I'm running php 5.3.18. The php.ini file is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\NuSphere\TechPlat\apache\bin\php.ini and the php.ini directive extension_dir points to "C:\Program Files (x86)\NuSphere\PhpED\php54\extensions", where the libmysql.dll and libmysqli.dll files in fact reside (I am assuming that the nature of the problem relates to these files).

Any thoughts on why I am getting this error message?

Note that according to php.net, I shouldn't have to worry about the mysqli.dll library, per this statement on their web site: "On Windows, for PHP versions 5.3 and newer, the mysqli extension is enabled and uses the MySQL Native Driver by default. This means you don't need to worry about configuring access to libmysql.dll."

Any help is appreciated.

This won't work. You can't run php 5.3 and point its extension_dir to a directory with php 5.4.
Make extension_dir pointing to C:\Program Files (x86)\NuSphere\TechPlat\apache\php\ext and restart web (apache).

Thank you. That helped, but now I'm getting this error:

MDB2 Error: not found. unable to find package 'MDB2_Datatype' file 'MDB2\Datatype.php

From my research it looks like this is tied to a problem with an include_path (please see this forum thread: ). I've tried a couple of variations on the include_path, but not having any luck. Your help is appreciated.

Here's the link to the forum:

Try again:

www{dot}anuko{dot}com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3028

first install PEAR, then point to its directory either in include_path line in php.ini (then restart web) or in your script

Pear is installed in {users}/AppData/Roaming/PEAR.

My include paths are here (and the warning from PHP):

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'MDB2\Datatype.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\Program Files (x86)\NuSphere\PhpED\php5\..\include_lib;C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Roaming\PEAR;C:\Program Files (x86)\NuSphere\TechPlat\apache\php') in C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Roaming\PEAR\pear\MDB2.php on line 330

and finally

extension_dir = "C:\Program Files (x86)\NuSphere\TechPlat\apache\php\ext"

I'm running PHP 5.3.18

if I get it right, you included C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Roaming\PEAR while it's necessary to include C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Roaming\PEAR\pear (two pears at the end)