NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Exclude folders from Code Insight includes

Hi,

Is it possible to exclude folders from Code Insight includes?

I want to be able exclude some folders from Code Insight includes of my project
I don't want to scan all folder and files.

From this page I understood, that there are some script, that do the job. http://www.nusphere.com/php_script/php_code_completion_script.htm
Can I modify the php-code-completion.php script ?

Thanks,
Lev
Site Admin

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish. IF you want to limit classes/functions/constants or avoid duplication, just add corresponding files and/or directories to the list of files/directories to hide in the project properties.

My php project contain about 20,000 files, number of different frameworks and a lot of libraries, some of them not in use in developing process, but they should stay in a project folder.
When I press "Refresh" button on project properties -> Code Insight -> Includes page, it take a lot time to process all 20,000 files.

Adding them to "Hide directories" solve my issue,
Thanks

+1 for that feature. sometimes project contains runtime directories or simply heavy libraries in /vendor dir and PhpEd becomes slow as hell Sad Editing HTML code can become a real pain there, because it tries to autocomplete all css selectors after class attribute and it takes about 2 seconds. 2 seconds for every tag! Additionally to make things worse autocomplete is working in "blocking mode" when it calculates something, keyboard input is blocked completely.
Hide directories

The "Hide directories" option it useful for performance, but it had some downgrades:
1. Very difficult to add new directories, specially, when I have a lot of them, not GUI friendly at all.
2. Directories hide from the auto-complete logic and from project tree, it could be nice to separate these lists.
Exclude folders from Code Insight includes