NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Exclude Directories from search
Veteran

Hi,
in my project I've 2 directories with thousands of files inside - I would exclude these directories (eg /images/, /maps/...) from the search tool.
How can I do? I think the HIDE tool doesn't work; i wont they appear in the code explorer

Thanks
Guru master

I don't think it's possible right now, but i would certainly like a that functionality, eventually with excluding those directories from the auto-completion too..
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

yes it coold boost both the search functions and the phped boot... now for me it takes 20 seconds and more scanning all the files
Site Admin

I'd recommend you to specify appropriate extensions in the "File mask" input. It will boost too.
For example you may use this mask:

*.php;*.inc;*.html;*.js;*.css
or even shorter

Where are you finding this "file mask"? I can see a hide files area in the project setup but I don't see the file mask option anywhere.
Site Admin

If you open Find In Files window, you'll see File Masks input on the left bottom corner.

yes I know but is better a global setting (so you can improve the startup too)

Bump! 2007 - 2010 and still not done! Sad

I have to search in XML files because some of them are configuration files, but we also have big generated XML files (they may be 200 megs) that are generated in a folder in the project tree. I would like a way to exclude that "extracted" folder from my seaches! There is no need to search in those generated XML files and it takes time!

Please considere this as my main request for phped! (my other one being multi-debug configurations).

Thank you for the support NuSphere!

You can hide the directory containing the extracted xml-files in project-settings. Then when you perform "Find in files" ([Alt]+F7), the files wont be included in the search.

materix wrote:
You can hide the directory containing the extracted xml-files in project-settings. Then when you perform "Find in files" ([Alt]+F7), the files wont be included in the search.

That sounds to me like a workaround, but you know what? I'll definitely use this trick anyway! Thanks..

In PhpED 5.9.5, under Project properties, on the "Properties" tab, there's a "files" section where you can specify both folder and file names to exclude from the project. I'm not sure when this feature was introduced, but it sure is handy.

I have a problem with this option to hide directories.. How can I hide a folder that is called "movies" and it contains thousands of files and phped starts in around 5 minutes because of it.. but also it won't hide the folders in the actual application
that is called "movies" but contains the controllers.

So I want to hide "/static/images/movies/" but NOT hide "/controllers/movies/" ... How can I write that in there?