NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

unfortunately the "hide" just hides the folder from the workspace Sad

But when you do a searh, I can see it searching in this big folders!!
So it is not hidden from a search point of view

is it a bug?

thx
rod
Site Admin

no, not just from Workspace -- it also hides it from code insight, and search won't search in files there too -- unless you forget to select "search in project" and left "search in directory" option in Search dialog.

@forapathy

you'd put "/static/images/movies/" as is into the list and it works fine in v5... but it does not works as expected in v6. You'll have to add FULL path, like "C:\mydirectory\myproject\static\images\movies". BTW in v7 we restored this functionality, so "/static/images/movies" will work for you just fine.

Hello,
I open again a ticket of many years ago!

I'd like to ask again the possibility to split the "Hide directories" in two:
Hide from Search
Hide from Code Insight

Eg in my case I want to always not search inside my huge "vendor" directories (or image directories with hundreds of thousand of files), but at the same time enable Code Insight for Vendor.

It would be great to have a field "Skip Directory" in the Search window too.

Thank you!

Yes, I am also interested in this topic, because the folders in so many disturb me, but I do not know how to remove them???

See also here - feature requested some 2 years ago ..
http://forum.nusphere.com/how-to-exclude-vendor-project-directory-from-sea-t10672.html
Nothing changed since though .. Sad

Sad
Site Admin

lubosdz wrote:
http://forum.nusphere.com/how-to-exclude-vendor-project-directory-from-sea-t10672.html

It's possible that nothing changed for you since that time if you refused to upgrade to new version, otherwise you'd notice it's working fine

dmitri wrote:
lubosdz wrote:

It's possible that nothing changed for you since that time if you refused to upgrade to new version, otherwise you'd notice it's working fine

Hi Dmitri,
I’m on a very recent version, updated few weeks ago.
How can I have Code Insight work in the /vendor folder, but skip the search there?

Tnx
Site Admin

In my reply I quoted lubosdz -- all about what he wrote.
It's not clear though what went wrong for lubosdz. My best guess is - he didn't upgrade. Otherwise update is welcome.

dmitri wrote:
In my reply I quoted lubosdz -- all about what he wrote.
It's not clear though what went wrong for lubosdz. My best guess is - he didn't upgrade. Otherwise update is welcome.

Hey guys, we should avoid misunderstanding but showing some screenshots.
There are multiple places where one might use search functions - so let's make clear what we talk about.

A/
Excluding files & directories from Tasks/To-do list works OK - tested with my latest build 19333 (release 10/2020), windows 10 - screen for the sake of clarity:

-------------------------------------------

B/
But excluding files/dirs in "Search in files" from scanning still does not work.
By "does not work" - I mean, that I did not figure out proper way, how to avoid scanning that huge "/app/vendor" directory (since composer came into existence it exists in almost every project).
I tried Project properties -> Hide directories - this will hide directory, but still scans files. Besides I dont want to hide the directory, still need to recognize all vendor's typehints, classes, ..etc.
It's this functionality:

----------------------------------------------

Dmitri suggested solution, and his suggestin works OK for A/, but I was probably not quite clear about which search function had in mind, sorry - it's the B/.

If there is any way to exclude files/directories from "Search In Files" - I will appreciate any advice.
Site Admin

yeah, I'm under the same impression - Dir and file lists in the TODO filter work fine. I double checked yesterday. Checkboxes do not work -- filter does not stop these directories from appearing in the results.
As of filter for Search in files -- there was a plan and I posted only about how I'd start implementing the feature, but we constantly have something more important to fix and implement. I promise - next version will get the filter for Search in Files for per project. It will be implemented differently though. No extra windows. Just an input in Project Properties. By default it will be populated from Hide Directories. But you'll be able to remove and/or add items to narrow down or expand the search respectively, independently of Hide Directories.
Checkboxes for TODO will be fixed too.

That's great news, Dmitri, thank you very much.
Exclude Directories from search