NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Errors won't stay in Error window

Hi, I am a Zend Studio refugee, currently getting to grips with PhpED. When I run a script in the debugger, if there are any PHP errors or notices, they flash up in the Errors window, but then disappear when the page has fully loaded. Is there any way of getting them to stay there so that I can go back and investigate? Currently the only way I can read the errors is by putting a breakpoint in somewhere just before the page finishes rendering, otherwise the error messages just vanish.
Site Admin

Please check Log window after you ran your script just one time. If there are more than one entries (for example if your script contains iframe pointing to another php file), it may cause the list of the errors from the first script to clean up. Indeed, IDE cleans them up just before any run. I'll check if we can do this a bit smarter Smile

Ah, yes - it seems to start 3 separate debug sessions for every page when running Mambo. In Joomla, the same component only starts a single debug session, and the errors stay in the window. Not sure why Mambo wants 3 separate sessions, I guess it is just greedy. Oh well, thanks for the speedy reply.
Site Admin

Quote:
Not sure why Mambo wants 3 separate sessions

sometimes it happens if the images are requested through php scripts. For example, if an image or css or javascript or they all are stored in the database, main script will request them from the server through a dedicated php script. From the debugger perspectives it's just a php script and should be debugged if debug session is on. So does it starting with the windows cleanup.
I'll check if we can preserve error log in such cases.