NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Errors Running Admin Site

OK installed the current version of TechPlatform updated NuSphere DBG Wizard (v2.3.2303) and DBG (PHP DEBUGGER) Version 4.1.2. I'm running Windows 7 Pro Sp1 and active directory. I am both domain and local administrator. Desktop and My documents are redirected to network location via AD properties.

When I run "!Launch Admin site" I get the following errors, the image shows the errors in the order they happen:-

http://southcot.co.uk/TempFiles/TechPlatformError.PNG

I'm puzzled by the reference to "The target "" of this internet Shortcut is not valid ..." as "!Launch Admin site.lnk" is fine so it must be referring to something else.

I can access the Admin Site by opening the browser.

Charlie

NB I have tried to upload the image using the "add image to post" link but that doesn't work I get:-

"Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand."
Site Admin

HTTP PUT is not supported unless you enable WEBDAV during installation.
With WEBDAV you can download and upload files, but take into account, that this is arranged as a sub-web (see corresponding links in the web).
If for example you want to download blahblahblah.php from the web, you can't use regular part -- because the file will be executed and resulting content (text/html) will be downloaded by the browser. To get the content of the file, you have to access dedicated part of the web -- it's where webdav is allowed while php execution is not. Normally it's /uploads directory of your web. For exact details please check %PROGRAMFILES%\NuSphere\TechPlat\apache\conf\dav.conf

I think we are at cross purposes, here my reference to uploading an image relates to this forum software, hence me putting a link to the screen dumps.
Site Admin

no, uploads of images is has no relation to WEBDAV at all. It's done with HTTP POST and it should be work in the regular area (non-webdav) too. Please check php log to see whether your forum logged some errors here.

Sorry you've lost me here. How does WEBDAV relate to my problem of not being able to launch the admin site. I'm not consciously using WEBDAV.
Site Admin

indeed, I lost the point... sorry Smile

The shortcut is supposed to create website.url with correct URL pointing to the web root, then open it in the browser. In order to do this, it runs setup php script and dumps log into setup.log.
From your screenshot it's clear that the log and possibly the other files are not allowed for writing. Hmm, I just tried with the latest TP installed from the web, and I couldn't reproduce the problem -- all the files are writeable here and website.url is updated with:
[InternetShortcut]
URL=http://mycomputername/

Check the permissions, and add write permission if missed, then try again.

dmitri wrote:
indeed, I lost the point... sorry Smile

The shortcut is supposed to create website.url with correct URL pointing to the web root, then open it in the browser. In order to do this, it runs setup php script and dumps log into setup.log.
From your screenshot it's clear that the log and possibly the other files are not allowed for writing. Hmm, I just tried with the latest TP installed from the web, and I couldn't reproduce the problem -- all the files are writeable here and website.url is updated with:
[InternetShortcut]
URL=http://mycomputername/

Check the permissions, and add write permission if missed, then try again.

It is indeed the permissions, Dmitri. I had the same problem and when I added "WRITE" to the directory and sub-dirs, the "launch" worked fine. The thing is, we're probably not used to having to do this on Windows. I have to do it all the time on Linux, but this is a "first" for me on Windows for a newly-installed program.

Don't you just hate people who never tie up there postings for help. Oops. Sorry; I should have posted back that at the time I was under pressure and abandoned the attempt.
Errors Running Admin Site