NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Error while debugging

@dmitri

I am getting this error while debugging:

Mar 28 15:32:38 fa7 kernel: [622679.714699] traps: php-fpm[32413] general protection ip:7fa88c5834d4 sp:7ffc72acc3a0 error:0 in dbg-php-7.0.v18.so[7fa88c563000+2e000]

How do we go about addressing it?

Thanks.

**EDIT** Never mind, I'd already posted similar message several months earlier. PHPEd b18030 still crashing.
Site Admin

If you have PRO version, you can submit your report directly and engineering (including me) will work hard to resolve the problem. Otherwise, I'm sorry, we can't help.

dmitri wrote:
If you have PRO version, you can submit your report directly and engineering (including me) will work hard to resolve the problem. Otherwise, I'm sorry, we can't help.

I did - ticket HMX-953783. And I got reply "can you try with php v.7.0.17" . Unfortunately, I cannot upgrade at the moment (from 7.0.14).

Does it mean there's nothing you can do?

Thanks
Site Admin

For the sake of an experiment, you can try to compile php 7.0.17 from sources or install it elsewhere, give it a try, and let support know about the results.
We're working on the issue independently and you can help us by providing feedback.

BTW:
Quote:

The __toString() method allows a class to decide how it will react when it is treated like a string. For example, what echo $obj; will print. This method must return a string, as otherwise a fatal E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR level error is emitted.

Warning
You cannot throw an exception from within a __toString() method. Doing so will result in a fatal error.

from this page: http://php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.magic.php#object.tostring

I tested with different php versions, they all intercept your exception, then re-throw the following:
Fatal error: Method kaboom::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught Exception: just because in <filename>.line
In php-7.0 developers changed placement of some structures and that's why dbg has problems recovering from the situation. I think we can workaround this problem in dbg-8.2.9