NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Error: (-104) failed to connect to web server...

Hello All,

I have just installed PhpED 8.1 on Windows and in attempting to create my first project and I am receiving the aforementioned error. I have validated the following:
- My server (Apache 2.4) at location http://localhost is up and running and I can connect to it as I receive the "It Works!" message.
- As it is a development environment, I do not have the firewall turned on. So, that is not preventing phped.exe from connecting to the web server.

Anything else I should check? Any help is appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Michael
Site Admin

firewall?

Last edited by dmitri on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hello Dimitri,

Thanks for your reply. When you say "firewall" I am assuming you are referring to settings for a firewall that is turned on. This is a development environment so I don't have a firewall turned on.

Cheers,
Michael

Resolved. It was some conflicting debugger entries in my php.ini file (xdebug and the entries that PhpED puts in) that truly was causing the web server to crash.

Cheers,
Michael
Site Admin

I experienced similar problems with xdebug sometime ago when I investigated another issue. In my case it installed handlers for so-called user-opcodes and some of the handlers were pointing to nowhere (NULL) and they led to crash.