NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] Embedded IE source view and validator

I have recently performed a fresh install of PHPed (build 5223) on a new machine. In my former installation, when viewing the source of the output in the embedded IE browser, CSE validator would automatically run in the background and PHPed would display error location bars in the html source scrollbar just as it does for syntax errors in the editing window. It doesn't do this on my new install and I can't figure out how I enabled it in the past. Anyone know how I can get this working again? Thanks.
Site Admin

please check if it works for regular html files. If it does not, you need to check CSE settings and path to dll in particular. See tools->settings->external tools.

dmitri wrote:
please check if it works for regular html files.

Hi dmitri,

I'm using version 8 Pro and it works standalone and in the Firefox extension that uses the DLL directly. It also works in PHPed on both PHP and HTML files -- the validator messages are displayed in the log and double-clicking the log message takes me to the correct line.

I'm using all of the same configurations as my old machine. I'm just missing the handy indicators in the scroll bar. And I have no idea when I lost them either -- It's been several PHPed versions since I used the embedded IE and that feature. It's not a big deal if it's not simple.

Jon
Site Admin

I'm still not sure what you mean. Scrollbar is not expexted to show any indicators. They are shown along the vertical line on right to the vertical scroolbar and they are there only if you have View->Editor Error Navigator turned on.

dmitri wrote:
I'm still not sure what you mean. Scrollbar is not expected to show any indicators. They are shown along the vertical line on right to the vertical scroolbar and they are there only if you have View->Editor Error Navigator turned on.

That's true. When I said scrollbar I meant the bar you're talking about. But that bar wasn't showing regardless of the Error Navigator setting. Until I installed Build 5227 this afternoon. And now it's back! Shocked

Soooo... Thanks! Smile
[resolved] Embedded IE source view and validator