NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Editor enhancements

• Allow to put the full path of the filename in the file tabs( I have many files in a single website that are index.php, in various subdirectories and having to wait for the tooltip on the file tab to determine which one is which is a major slowdown )
  • Add Ctrl+Click on work is equivalent to Double Clicking for highlighting purposes.
  • Support for Ctrl+Insert, Shift+Insert, Shift+Delete shortcuts for Copy, Paste, Cut commands.
  • Support for Ctrl+Delete for deleting next word, ignoring whitespace, if any, between cursor and next word.
View user's profileFind all posts by spintzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

spintz wrote:
Allow to put the full path of the filename in the file tabs( I have many files in a single website that are index.php, in various subdirectories and having to wait for the tooltip on the file tab to determine which one is which is a major slowdown )

Is switching to the tab itself for a brief moment and looking at the title bar a solution for you?

As for the rest, you might want to check out the options dialog?
Under IDE > IDE Shortcuts you can define the keys to do those things yourself, for pretty much everything you requested here.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Blizz wrote:
Is switching to the tab itself for a brief moment and looking at the title bar a solution for you?

Ahhh, thanks, I didn't notice that. It is more than sufficient, thanks for informing me of that. Apparently, I'm developing tunnel vision when staring at computer monitors!! Razz

Blizz wrote:
As for the rest, you might want to check out the options dialog?
Under IDE > IDE Shortcuts you can define the keys to do those things yourself, for pretty much everything you requested here.

No, I can't. I still use Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V occassionaly. But in Visual Studio( the IDE I use more than anything ), you can use either Ctrl+X or Shift+Delete, Ctrl+C or Ctrl+Insert, Ctrl+V or Shift+Insert. So, the customization would be easy, except I can only set 1 shortcut for each command. So, I guess the feature request would rather be allowing multiple shortcuts for a single command.

Couple other things, I cannot remap Alt+F7( Search in file(s) ) to another command. I'd rather use Ctrl+Shift+F, which was mapped to Upload Folder( had to unmap that quickly ).

Again, as you can tell, I come from YEARS of Visual Studio development. It's a great IDE, but PhpED is much better for HTML/PHP, especially with the Upload/Download being integrated as well as the PHP debugging. Certain IDEs are better for special circumstances, but I'm hooked, and really enjoy the ease of use with shortcuts in the Visual Studio IDE ).
View user's profileFind all posts by spintzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

I hear you, I'm a C++ programmer myself during the day, webdev is for my own company Smile
First thing I did was remap the debug shortcuts to F5 and F9, F10, F11 Wink
I personally don't have a problem with the clipboard keys though
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Shift+Insert, Ctrl+Insert, Shift+Delete are MUCH easier on poor little left pinky. Reminds me of when I used to use Linix/Emacs and how my pinky would throb after an 8 hour work day developing.

spintz wrote:
Shift+Insert, Ctrl+Insert, Shift+Delete are MUCH easier on poor little left pinky. Reminds me of when I used to use Linix/Emacs and how my pinky would throb after an 8 hour work day developing.

Looking at my Editor Shortcuts, I already have those key commands set for copy/paste/etc.

You can easily add multiple key combos for any of the shortcut settings, either for the IDE or Editor.

Cjunge wrote:
You can easily add multiple key combos for any of the shortcut settings, either for the IDE or Editor.

How?

spintz wrote:
How?

In the settings, under Editor Shortcuts, choose the item you want to add or modify a shortcut for, then choose Add.

I was wrong about the IDE shortcuts, seems only one can be applied. But cut/paste/copy are in Editor Shortcuts as well.
Editor enhancements