NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
editing large files

Hi - I have several very large include files in my project, and when I open any of them in the editor, the whole app slows to a crawl. I'm not sure if it's a memory leak (since the app never gobbles much more than 40MB) but I suspect it's the 'intellisense' feature that just can't handle the number of rows - 2500+

Has anyone else seen this? I'm so tired of restarting all the time

thx
dave
View user's profileFind all posts by dfrhodesSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo Messenger

Problem probably is that you have auto-correction switched on.

I have a few MySQL-database-dumps open at some time, some 20MB. Don't see any difference in the responsiveness.

Once I switch on auto correction, things get unworkable. It can take several seconds for the cursor to move one single character (2G PIV). This delay seems linear to the total size of all open files.
View user's profileFind all posts by dinoSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

I think 2500 is not the case.

At least we work with nusoap which is 4000+ lines w/o any sensible slowdown.
As I know slowdown may happen if there are too many files in the project and all are shown in the Code Explorer window. It's a known issue and we're working on it.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
editing large files