NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[fixed] Edit area is not resizing correctly on Vista64bit

Hi

When resizing the main PhpED window the Edit Area does not resize properly, after resizing the window I have to adjust the Workspace width to force the Edit Area to update - its almost as if it the control in not receiving the Event message.

I have all the latest Windows updates etc, and this behaviour is occuring on 4 different computers which are all running Vista Business or Vista Ultimate.

Cheers
Kelvin

Last edited by Kelvin on Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Site Admin

It's a known problem and was fixed many times ago. Feel free to install the latest update available to you (if any).

Hi Dimitri

Its not fixed - Please see the screenshot below, you can see I'm running the latest version, you can also see where I resized the window yet the Edit area has not resized and there is a massive gap between the edit area and the workspace -

The only way I can fix this is by resizing the width of the Workspace tab, its as if the edit area does not recieve window resize event, yet it does from the workspace.

I am using XP pro x64 with sp2 and PhpED 5.0 build 5025 and also I am fully updated from the Microsoft site. It is not a consistent problem but I also am experiencing the same with the edit area not resizing properly. It does not happen that often but it does happen like Kelvin is describing.

Hi Dimitri,

Any news on a fix for this?

Cheers
Kelvin

I have the same problem. It has not gone away in version 2025. I can recreate it just by going into full screen view (alt+F10)

Annoying as it is, thankfully I rarely use full screen.

Hope that helps tracking down the problem.

regards,

Graham.

I have the same problem on the 64 bit version of vista. The only way I can use the editor properly is to run it in full screen mode. As soon as I reduce it to a normal size window, I lose the scrollbar from the right hand side and therefore cannot easily edit code. I'm also having problems with other areas not always resizing properly and scroll bars scrolling past the visible boundaries of their container windows.
Site Admin

Please report this bug to Microsoft.
PhpED has nothing to do with this problem.
All we could do to workaround the problem we have already done.

The problem started to happen in late WinXP service packs, then they got it fixed, then seems they got regression in some builds of Vista.
I said "some" because under my version of Vista the problem does not happen.

Just to close on this, I've never found a solution and microsoft have not made any move to fix the issue. Whats disappointing is most processors are now "64bit" ready, when Vista was still in development MS flaunted 64 bit as the new preferred and most secured platform, and now they can't even support it properly.

In the end I've admitted defeat and installed Vista 32bit, now peace and love has returned to my desktop Wink
Site Admin

we implemented a kind of workaround in 5213 and it supposedly fixed the problem for all Vista variations.

Sorry Dmitri, I've just tried 5213 on one of our other boxes running Vista 64bit and its still happening - not to worry though.

dmitri wrote:
we implemented a kind of workaround in 5213 and it supposedly fixed the problem for all Vista variations.

Can you "activate" your workaroud for "Windows Xp 64pro" too ?

It's a very harrasing bug for me and I can't reinstall all my sytem.
[fixed] Edit area is not resizing correctly on Vista64bit