NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Don't panic, but PHP 5.5 is now in alpha...

...and still no PHP 5.4 support.
I guestimate that we will see an end-of-support announcement for PHP 5.3 when 5.5 hits beta and I hope there will be support for 5.4 in phpexpress/coder by then...
Re: Don't panic, but PHP 5.5 is now in alpha...

tangix wrote:
...and still no PHP 5.4 support.
I guestimate that we will see an end-of-support announcement for PHP 5.3 when 5.5 hits beta and I hope there will be support for 5.4 in phpexpress/coder by then...

Yes, they just made one:

20-Dec-2012

The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 5.4.10 and PHP 5.3.20. These releases fix about 15 bugs. Please note that the PHP 5.3 series will enter an end of life cycle and receive only critical fixes as of March 2013. All users of PHP are encouraged to upgrade to PHP 5.4.

Nice... - NOT!
Well, looks like we need to find another solution pretty soon...

So what is the ETA for PHP 5.4 support? It's been 5 months now ... surely you must be working on it by now

Last edited by loco on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:11 am; edited 4 times in total

It's more than 15 months since PHP 5.4 was released. I see in phpclasses "PHP 5.5 Final Release imminent" at which point nucoder will be 2 versions behind the current release. At this rate nusphere will never catch up so this will be a perpetual problem. If that is the case then maybe it is time to look elsewhere for encoding solutions.
View user's profileFind all posts by pointySend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger

PHP 5.5 was released today, so with nucoder now being 2 versions behind I think you can probably take it that nucoder product is dead since nusphere can never catch up based on the rate of nucoder development up till now. A bit of a relief really because now we can stop waiting for nucoder and just get on with the zend or ioncube solutions.
View user's profileFind all posts by pointySend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Don't panic, but PHP 5.5 is now in alpha...