NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
does PhpED has a source code organizer?

Hello.

I been using PhpED for some time now and I like it a lot, but I was wondering if there is an option to organize the source code, it would be nice , I am really a mess with organizing my code and that would be a really nice feature and I dont know if its already on PhpED.

Thanks.

VictorCL.
Site Admin

you may want to try formatting your php/html/css/jscript files with bundled trial version of Polystyle code formatter.

Nice yeah just what I was looking for , I knew phped has to have something like this Smile .

To use polystyler you have to right click on the tab of your file in PhpED and choose "Format text with Polystyle" , for those of you who didnt knew.

And to configure polystyle you must execute the polystyle.exe thats on polystyle folder in your phped installation folder.

VictorCL.
Site Admin

Quote:
And to configure polystyle you must execute the polystyle.exe

see tools->settings->external tools->polystyle, configuration button

Please note that this is a trial version and you need to purchase it separately from PhpED if you want to use it.

Is there any way to update polystyle trial that come with PHPEd ?

Current version is 3.3a and version shipping with PHPEd is 2.0zo.

I tried to update with "Polystyle PhpED Trial Edition" 3.3a from Polystyle website and it simply wont work.

PHPEd open polystyle, let application format the code and then stuck on second window where Polystyle shows formatted code and suggest to buy full version. Now PHPEd is supposed to copy/paste that text and close window, but instead it will just wait.
Site Admin

as you noticed, it's a 3rd party software. Please contact polystyle authors for the recommendations. If they come up with an idea on how to implement functionality you need, we'll do our best to implement it. (honestly I tried to do it at the time we were integrating polystyle but did not get any proposal)

dmitri, can you be more specific what exactly PHPEd do when call Polystyle (trial) ?

I was thought that PHPEd do following:

1. put content of current window in tmp file
2. send that tmp file to Polystyle
(....and then because Polystyle is trial version, that dont save files, but just offer copy/paste...)
3. right click on resulting window - select all - copy - paste in PHPEd

But this procedure should work with newer versions too, so it must be somewhat different procedure, because step number 3 did not execute at all when I upgrade to latest trial.

What bugs me most is that they have special version of Polystyle just for PHPEd, that they update on regular basis, and apparently, that version dont work with PHPEd and nobody cares.

Dont really know does other users have the same problem or is this problem specific for PHPEd 5.2 + Polystyle 3 combination.

Anyway trial will probably expire in few days, so this (trial) issue is not too important for me.

Question is if I decide to buy Polystyle, would that version work with PHPEd or not ?
Site Admin

Quote:
But this procedure should work with newer versions too

Not necessarily. To run COPY, we'd need to find the window and if its class is changed in the newer version we can not find it.

Quote:
What bugs me most is that they have special version of Polystyle just for PHPEd, that they update on regular basis, and apparently, that version dont work with PHPEd and nobody cares

please contact support team

I've configured the sample Polystyle add-on but it forces a
format I don't like:

$myvariable = "myvalue";

becomes:

$myvariable="myvalue";

I can't see a way to change this in the Polystyle template files; any ideas?

Cheers

Will
View user's profileFind all posts by qbusterSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Re: does PhpED has a source code organizer?

I've just downloaded the latest version of PolyStyle and I notice that their list of
software companies who have integrated PolyStyle does not include NuSphere:

http://www.polystyle.com/integrations/

Cheers

Will
View user's profileFind all posts by qbusterSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Site Admin

Quote:
but it forces a format I don't like

As you noticed all the formatting is done by polystyle. Why not to ask them about their functionality?

Quote:
does not include NuSphere

Probably they've lost something somewhere. Feel free to ask them too.