NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Does dbg-cli do JIT debugging?

I've been gradually getting some success with dbg-cli. I can run scripts in http mode single step and print variables. I can't however see any output of the php script its self (the output which would normally be rendered by a browser). Where does that go?
So I tried running a script from a browser giving it a url test.php?DBGSESSID=1@clienthost:7869;d=1,p=1. But it fails to connect to the debugger. I've tried setting the port to 7869. I notice quite a few functions with JIT in their name, so I was hoping this would work. There doesn't seem to be a way
to tell dbg-cli to just sit there listening.
The test script is just:
<html>
<head>
<title>Example</title>
</head>
<body>
<?php
$string = "Hi, I'm a PHP script!";
echo $string;
?>
</body>
</html>
Site Admin

JIT is an ability to run debug session Just In Time when you get an error or a problem in your script that was run without any request to debug.
It does not relate to ability to show any output....

Output itself can't be shown in dbg-cli 2.11.0 but it's what will be done soon.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Well, In understand that the JIT debugging wouldn't make dbg-cli display anything. was hoping though that using the JIT method would allow the browser to do the displaying, and dbg-cli to do the debugging!

I discovered where the outpout is going. It is explicitly read and discarded in process_conn(), which I have been able to fix, although it needed an extra call to process_conn() to make sure all the output was processed before the session is finished.

Last edited by iandall on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Site Admin

so, why don't you use PHPED ?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Good question. I guess I am pretty used to using emacs as aan IDE for other things and was kind of hoping to do the same for PhP. I've written a dbg.el for emacs, but it is not much tested yet.
Does dbg-cli do JIT debugging?