NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Different versions of PHP IDE? or what?

Dear author Dimitri:

I have just started testing your new and great IDE which claims to be compatible with PHP 5.2.1. I must say that I am disappinted. The documentation is very poor.

What is the difference between these downloads?

== NuSphere-phped-4.6.3evl-Win32.exe
== NuSphere-phped-4.6.3-php5.2.1-Win32.exe

Why can you not simply put things in a simple manner in the documentation?

Why can you not in a simple manner describe in your documentation how to debug apps with Apache & standard insttallation of PHP 5.2.1? Unless this is not possible.

Just say in your documentation-

If you have Apache 2.2.4 and PHP 5.2.1 already installed and want to use PHPed with it, do this and then this....

I want to use PHP 5.2.1 and Apache 2.2.4 on Windows with your great IDE and make it all work. I don't want to use your SRV web server. Is that possible? If yes, where do you descirbe that clearly in your documentation?

By having poor documentation, untested products you are putting off a lot of people.
Veteran

In the Nusphere PhpED help file you can find all answers in the very beginning: Introduction > Running PhpED for the first time. In your case, you should go to "SETTING UP A LOCAL WEB SERVER" or "SETTING UP A REMOTE WEB SERVER".
Veteran

Hi michaels, please note that we just added new dbg-wziard scritp to help setting remote debugging - here is the post about it
new-dbg-wizard-can-help-you-setup-remote-debugging-t3116.html

It will also show you the links to the information and overview available on this Forum.
I am not actively working on updating the documentation on the subject as well.
Thanks!
Tried running your script, followed instructions

I ran your script designed to help setup the debugger, followed all instructions, debugger still does not work. In your Debugger section/forum i found another person having the same problem, but i do not see a solution, i have posted a request there.

Again, this is my setup-

Windows xp pro
apache 2.2.4
php 5.2.1

all local on a pc, and i want to debug locally with apache and my copy of php (if this is possible) Is there a solution to this problem?

this is the error i get-
DBG 3.1.9

Failed to run DBG session

Reason: connection to the client address 127.0.0.1:7869 is not allowed
Not sure what it means? Visit http://www.nusphere.com/dbg/ for troubleshooting.

Debugger request: "391651301369000004@localhost;d=1,p=0,c=1"
Request found in: "query_string"
Target PHP version: "5.2.0"
Server API: "Apache 2.0 Handler"
Extensions API: "220060519"
Modules API: "20060613"
PHP API: "20041225"
Veteran

Yes, it is certainly possible. What is in your debugger.host_allow directive?
Also, if you can't (understandably) post it here - can you email me the url of dbg-wizard.php, output of phpinfo and your project properties please? Just send me the private message.
Thanks!
Veteran

Oh, yes, one other thing: Apache 2.2.4 is buggy - that's what Dmitri said in other post. You really can't use it with this version of PHP at all - Server root variable passed to it is wrong. You should either wait for 2.2.5 or downgrade to the previous version of Apache.
I think that is the problem - and the solution.
It sounds like dbg-wizardhelped to install the server side module - I think it also gave you the settings for the project correctly, but I haven't seen them yet of course
Thanks for the answer!

Thanks! That was the clear answer I was looking for. Just a suggestion:-

I think it is important that as soon as NuSphere finds a bug like this, something that could affect a lot of users, especially with something as commonly used as Apache, post a clear description of it where users are liley to see (not in a forum).

If Apache 2.2.4 has bug, put it it in bold text in documentation, on your web site, download area. This will save a lot of time.

And responses should be CLEAR, what are you proposing? What should a person do? etc. Not just ideas, but actions.

Dimitri, take notice!
Site Admin

Quote:
I want to use PHP 5.2.1 and Apache 2.2.4 on Windows with your great IDE and make it all work. I don't want to use your SRV web server. Is that possible? If yes, where do you descirbe that clearly in your documentation?

Although there is a known bug in Apache (see http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=41404) that prevents debugger from recognizing client IP, you may work with this version. In this case you have to turn on "Use Custom Port and Host" in Tools->Settings->Debugger and replace Debugger host with your client machine IP or localhost in case if you run Apache locally.

As of php-5.2.1, you need to turn auto_globals_jit off in php.ini (please check if it's value is updated in phpinfo output). It's not required for any other php version only for 5.2.1 (and probably will be required for further versions ). We're looking for a way to implement a workaround in the debugger to drop this requirement.