NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Different results for $_SESSION['PHP_SELF']

Hello,
if I make an echo in my php-Code (without using Nusphere Debugger) I get :
echo ($_SESSION['PHP_SELF'])
result : /scriptcase/app/ ........

If I debug step by step in NuSphere 6.0 I get the following result for $_SESSION['PHP_SELF']:
/file:/c:/Program Files/scriptcase/app/....

Why is there a difference : Do I have to change any parameter in php.ini of Nusphere ?

Best regards
Uwe Pfeiffer
Guru master

I must admit that is an interesting question.

In theory neither PhpED nor DBG should have any impact on the values of any variables within PHP, maybe with the exception of adding some of its own cookie and query parameter settings.

However, you indicate PHP_SELF shows file:/, which I wouldn't expect from Apache/PHP, so are you using Apache/PHP or the built-in PhpED Server? If it is the latter, that might explain it. I don't find the built-in server suitable for testing web sites.
I'm using ISS on a windows 2003 server

Hello,
For debugging I use ISS on windows 2003 server.

Best regards
Uwe Pfeiffer
Site Admin

It's because you didn't create a project.
Without projects SRV runs files using file:/ in the url.

Not sure if williamblake621's comment is spam or not, but it's not very helpful.

There's nothing wrong with IIS on Windows 2003 and it is still very popular. Nearly all my clients are still on Windows 2003 and it works great. Why spend a lot of money to Micro$oft to upgrade if it still works?

However, I admit that I wouldn't use IIS for working with PHP; I much prefer using Apache in Windows 2003 and I've found that to be perfect for developing sites that subsequently run on Linux with Apache. On the same 2003 Server I use IIS for .NET work (port 80) and Apache for PHP work (using a different port).

I also would not use Nusphere SRV for debugging web projects, but it is good for command line PHP and standalone projects.

okay that will be great but Microsoft products & services are still expensive for me..
View user's profileFind all posts by kevinjose356Send private messageYahoo Messenger
Site Admin

then install Apache.
For example, -- we created TechPlatform, a free product, that installs apache+php and php debugger.