NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
delay with SRV response

HI,
Congratulaiton for great products, its great tool.

But I have strange problem. In local debuging, on local PhpEd server, between preparing page (around 0,3s according to profiler) I have extra 5s delay before geting page in FirFox (IE 6.0 the same) . Its not the case of rendering , the processor is used arround 1%. The same page on remote server , over internet connection appears much faster. It looks like server waits for something but I dont know how to find that. This 5s period is between last command in debuged script and repainting new page in browser. The delay seems to be constant not related to displayed page.
Site Admin

I'd recommend you to check your AV software. In many cases it snoops into the local http traffic too and causes the delay. Please note that with some software like NOD32, it's not sufficient to stop it. It won't be stopped at the kernel level in this case. It must be uninstalled completely to get an effect.

Thanks for recommendation but it didnt work.
After uninstalling AVG 7.5 and restart , the delay didnt change. Any other ideas?
I have no idea where to look for the solution.
Site Admin

Please check if green triangle is shown during all these 5seconds or it disappears pretty quickly (~.3s)
Also please check your firewalls.
Finally, try an equally big HTML file, that has absolutely no javascript or css in it, and does not refer to any external files like images, javascript, and css.

Thanks again for your help and patience.

Triangle is green all the time. When disapears - the page apears.

On local machine no firewalls installed - only on wan entrance .

3 html tests from localhost:
- pure text arround 200kB - 78 ms
- original page saved "only html" 112kB - 1100ms (included js and css)
- original page saved "complete" 456kB - 2270ms (included js and css) looks like the php5 one.

Any idea, whats wrong?
Site Admin

Quote:
Triangle is green all the time

Do you mean that it was green before you ran your script and remained green after those 5sec delay or it was green only all that time of 5seconds?

Quote:
3 html tests from localhost:
- pure text arround 200kB - 78 ms
- original page saved "only html" 112kB - 1100ms (included js and css)
- original page saved "complete" 456kB - 2270ms (included js and css) looks like the php5 one.

php5 has startup time, that profiler can not count, but normally delay is less than .1sec.
Once adding css and js dramatically increases the time, it may be browser issue. Please try to switch IDE to work with external browser, preferrably Google Chrome (it's known to be faster than IE and FF)
If nothing helps, please contact NuSphere support.