NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Default workspace / Project save path
Veteran

I would like if it was possible to set the default filepath to saved projects and workspaces in the PHPed settings.

In earlier versions the project files was saved under c:\Program files\Nusphere\phped\project

But now they are saved under C:\Documents and settings\<user> etc...

I still save all my work in c:\program files\Nusphere ....

I would like if it was possible to change this setting so I could save my work on a location that is being backed up.
I guess it is possible to change this in the regex, but it would be better not having to change data in the registry.
Guru master

PhpED saves its data under the directory that is set as the "Home" value in the HKCU\Software\NuSphere\PhpED5.2 key. It will create a config and a projects folder in there. As I see it you have 2 options:
* Change this value to point to the folder you wish to use (editing registry)
* Use the junction tool from sysinternals to create a reparse point to the folder you want (no registry editing but you need NTFS)
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Yes that will work, but it is still a feature request Smile
Veteran

Blizz wrote:
Use the junction tool from sysinternals to create a reparse point to the folder you want (no registry editing but you need NTFS)
Wow, Blizz, I have wished for symlinks in Windows so many times before. I know I am going off topic, but I wanted to say thanks for the link Smile

You're welcome, glad I could be of assistance Wink
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Default workspace / Project save path