NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Default projects directory

I'm working with Windows 8.1 and PHPEd 14 Personal

I've been using PHPEd for a while and I really like it.

One thing I would like to do, however, is to change the default "Project" directory. I mean the directory where the .ppj files stored. By default, this is in my documents directory (/Users/username/Documents/), and I would like to change this.

I saved my Workspace into the directory where I would like this to go, and now when I create projects in that Workspace, it does default to the right place (the directory where the Workspace is saved). However, every time I load PHPEd, it creates inside my Documents directory a directory called /NuSphere/Projects, which is now never used.

Is there a way to either set the default projects directory so it doesn't try look for it here and create it, or any other way of preventing that directory from being created?

Thanks for your help.
Guru master

I don't think there is a setting for it within PhpED (I couldn't see one) but there does appear to be a registry key for it.

Exit PhpED
Use regedit to change HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NuSphere\PhpED14.0\Preferences\Dflt_ProjectDir to your directory
Create that directory (for me, PhpED did not create it automatically)
Start PhpED

I don't know if that will stop it automatically creating the Projects directory, but when I tested PhpED it certainly used my new default.
Default projects directory