NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Debugging with remote project and linked directories

Hello,
i have problems with debugging a remote site. I tried several HowTos without any success.

My configuration:

IDE runs on Win7
project is on a Linux server in the same network
the project structure is a bit complex with vhost, svn and linked directories.

apache root: /web/htdocs
my vhost root: /web/vhost/ada/web/htdocs
my project: /web/vhost/ada/web/htdocs/ezpublish
the project has an .htaccess with many rules and a subdir that is linked like this:
/web/vhost/ada/web/htdocs/ezpublish/extension -> /web/vhost/ada/web/svn/ezpublish/trunk/extension

I can now debug all files directly below "/web/vhost/ada/web/htdocs/ezpublish" but no files from linked directory "/web/vhost/ada/web/htdocs/ezpublish/extension".
I tried to add some mapping for the debugger in "Project Properties" -> "Run & Debug" -> "Run Target" -> "Mapping for debugger" "additional mapping" but i can only choose local files here and this is a remote project with no local files. Also the first entry points to sftp below local directory (that was created automatically).

How can i debug a project like this?
Guru master

I seem to remember that PHP itself resolves links when accessing files, so you may find mapping the real location of the PHP file works.

The latest PhpED has a remote project mode where local files are not required. I haven't used it so I'm not familiar with it, but that may be useful.

Alternatively, you can use DebugBreak() in your code. If the debugger gets a break in a file that is not mapped to the project, it will (hopefully) transfer a copy of the file to PhpED so you can debug. The file will be read-only and you won't be able to edit/save it.

If the original file is open in PhpED for editing (despite not being mapped for debugging), then you will have two files of the same name open; one you can edit and one for debug which you cannot edit.
Debugging with remote project and linked directories