NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Debugging Using NuSphere

Hello Everyone,
i have Just started Usinh Nusphere Php Editor,
And im working on project which has lot of pages and jumping from one page to another involved,
but while debugging im not able to hit breakpoints and jump from one page to another as required in code,

im new to this stuff can someone explain how to do debugging in detail
View user's profileFind all posts by mandarj123Send private messageYahoo Messenger
Site Admin

if "jumping" happens between the pages on the _EXACTLY_ same web site, you don't have to do any specific actions. Just turn debug session on, open initial script and press Run In Debugger. You'll see debugger's blue line, press Run In Debugger (which means Continue while debug session is running), to reach the end of the script. You'll see your page in the Output tab, you may want to click on the links and buttons to navigate to the other pages and they all will trigger the debugger.
If you don't want debugger to stop on the 1st line on every page, turn this off in the debugger settings (tools->settings->run & debug, stop on 1st line). Breakpoints will trigger without problems.

Note: if your page "jumps" to another web site (it's when either domain or protocol are changed), debugger may not trigger and breakpoints will not hit. In such cases you may want to use approrpiately formed URL or other techniques described on FAQ page "how to run debugger"

Note: if some the files are not in the project tree, you need to add their directories to the mapping table. In such cases I'd recommend to run Project Settings Wizard and add those directories as Extra project directories and they will be added to the mapping. Without mapping, breakpoints may not trigger if files out of the project tree.

Hi,

I have similar problem.
For example, I start debugging from PHP Editor, at login.php page, and it works fine with breakpoints.
As soon as the page is fully loaded, debugging stops. I can navigate to some other page, e.g edit.php, from Output tab,
but since debugging session is ended, breakpoint is never triggered on this page.
I can't start debugging from edit.php page, since I must first log in, through login.php page.

Settings from PHP Editor are:
Default run mode: HTTP mode (SRV local WEB server)
Error level: 3
Stop on the first line after run: checked
Debug sessions: checked
etc.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Site Admin

Quote:
I have similar problem

And the answer would be quite similar.
1) Did you check the URL before and after login? Do they point to _EXACTLY_ same web site with _EXACTLY_ same protocol (http vs https)?
2) Did you check if your login script (with all its includues) cleans up all cookies? You may want to check all the headers returned by all scripts starting the the last one successfully debugged.