NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
debugging server side script

I'm trying to use the debugger on the server side code of a web service and can't find any directions on how to do so.

My setup: phpED on PC Win2K with remote server (Linux/Apache). I've followed the debugger installation instructions and can successfully invoke the debugger and break/single-step on the client-side code; However, I'd like to break and single-step on the server code when the service is invoked. Is this possible? I tried adding a breakpoint in the server code but doesn't work.

Thanks.
Site Admin

Quote:
However, I'd like to break and single-step on the server code when the service is invoked. Is this possible?

Of course.

Can you show me the project settings ?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
struck with debugging server side web service

Hi,

I am struck with the same concern and found nothing on the newsgroups!

I tried with the NuSOAP client/server exemple:
PhpEd debugs the client side as it is launched from the IDE but is unable to detect that the client calls a function in the server file.
Thus, putting a breakpoint in the server file does nothing.

Ddmitrie, Your answer seemed promising but left me no clue of what to do!!!
You tend to say there is a way to do so, maybe by tweaking the project settings ?

Thanks for your help.
Site Admin

Hi,

it's not that hard.
When you call an endpoint, you'd supply DBGSESSID variable and it will trigger the debugger.
In particular, look at your WSDL file, find all endpoinst you want to debug, add to them DBGSESSID=1;
Alternatively you may add DebugBreak() in your server side scirpt.

Certainly, before doing anything said above, you have to install debugger module on the server and make sure it reaches the IDE through the network.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
debugging server side script