NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

dmitri wrote:
OMG, PhpED supports remote projects for 10 years now. Why don't you just try that? You don't need any DebugBreak(s), you don't need any Sambas, you don't need any dances with permissions and hardlinks.

Gingko wrote:

And I have run the Project Settings Wizard, and again, again, again, again, again, and again without any error.

Getting it passed without errors is not a goal. The goal is to run it in the project besides your files, then save the results discovered by the IDE in the process.
If after that you still get error like "new debug session started and project not found", please post all details here (or upgrade to PRO version and contact support)
I DO have PRO version.
From my job.

Don't rely on the email used here, this is my private one, which links only to the version I had before I asked my boss to buy me a better one.

Gingko
Site Admin

then you know what to do

dmitri wrote:
then you know what to do
Actually I don't like very much asking that way.

Because I can't search among what other users have previously asked on the same subject.

And also because I can't expect getting comments from other users.

Gingko

plugnplay wrote:
In the PHP CLI script use DebugBreak('1@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx')
I was already using DebugBreak('1@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx')

By the way, I just upgraded to PhpED 19.1.0.19101 (from 19.0.0.19037) right now.

Since then, DebugBreak('1@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx') gives me an immediate segmentation error.
(whereas it worked before, and whereas DebugBreak() alone still works properly).

And yes, I upgraded also the dbg-php-5.6.so module, and restarted the web server.

On Linux Debian 7 Wheezy x86.

I just filed a support request.

Gingko
Site Admin

Can you try the following?
$ DBGSESSID='1@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' /path/to/php /path/to/your/script.php

As of DebugBreak(), right, there were recent changes in PHP API introduced with version 7.3 -- they dropped the interfaces debugger used to parse parameters passed by scripts, so I had to rewrite some parts and these changes cause problems in php core under some platforms. I'll update debugger soon with the fix.

dmitri wrote:
Can you try the following?
$ DBGSESSID='1@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' /path/to/php /path/to/your/script.php
Where should I write that?

This doesn't looks like an allowable syntax that I could write as a function argument for DebugBreak().

… but anyway, if the DebugBreak() arguments no longer works, I'm afraid that there could no longer be any place to write it either.

Gingko
Site Admin

this is common syntax for Linux console -- it's where you're running your scripts. Syntax is perfectly valid for bash driven shell. If you're running a shell that uses syntax different than bash, you need to check with manual on how to set variables.

dmitri wrote:
this is common syntax for Linux console -- it's where you're running your scripts. Syntax is perfectly valid for bash driven shell. If you're running a shell that uses syntax different than bash, you need to check with manual on how to set variables.
Ok, I didn't regognize it that way.

Anyway if you write it in a Linux console, there shouldn't be a “$” sign at the beginning.

Gingko
Site Admin

This is a common notation: $ indicates that you want to run it using regular user account, whereas # would mean -- you need root to run this.