NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Debugging cURL

Trying to debug a local script that uses cURL, but get an error message of call to undefined function at the curl_init()

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks

that means that curl is not enabled in the version of php that you are running during debugging. You need to enable the extension in your php.ini file, plus I think you need to copy one or two lib files to a directory that is in your path (", libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll must be present in your PATH. " .. from http://www.php.net/curl

hope this helps.

-r

rodericksimpson wrote:
that means that curl is not enabled in the version of php that you are running during debugging. You need to enable the extension in your php.ini file, plus I think you need to copy one or two lib files to a directory that is in your path (", libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll must be present in your PATH. " .. from http://www.php.net/curl

hope this helps.

-r

Thanks Roderick but that's not it, cURL runs normally if the script is started in a browser, but it stops the debugger.

Then the problem should be internal phpEd's server and your 3rd party web server. Use 3rd party server for debugging, configure it with DBG, and you'll experience no problems.
View user's profileFind all posts by thunder-ltuSend private messageVisit poster's website
remote debugging to debug cURL script

thunder-ltu wrote:
Then the problem should be internal phpEd's server and your 3rd party web server. Use 3rd party server for debugging, configure it with DBG, and you'll experience no problems.

Thanks, I am having problems with 3rd party debugging.

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies
with DBG v3.1.9, (C) 2000,2006, by Dmitri Dmitrienko

and debugger runs under system default but not HTTP mode 3rd party
I placed the debugger script in the same folder as the file I am debugging.
Used the suggestions
Result was to check the remote root directory and root URL are correct.
URL was format http://localhost/folder1/
Root and remote root match in format C:\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\folder1\

When I first installed phpEd it appeared to work fine, I don't know what I have changed.
I opened new workspace and new project. I cant use the genuine root directory as the volume of files hangs phpED as it tries to map the directory tree, but I assume I can elect any child folder to be the root. folder1 is a 'website' folder2 is another etc ...... I have set up new workspace (stored in folder1) and started a new project for folder1. The project files are those stored in folder1 + the child folders.

Apache 2.0.49 (win32) XP PHP 5.1.2 DBG 3.1.9 Firefox 2.0

Any help greatly appreciated.
Debugging cURL