NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] debugger work for framework like codeigniter?

I'm having difficulty getting the debugger to work when using codeigniter which is a php framework. Are there any inherent issues where debugger really won't work for a framework?

I'm able to view the php pages if I go to the URL manually. However when I try to kick the debugger into action by either (1) using the IE PHP debugger toolbar or (2) using PHP DBG IDE I get a mapping error.

I suspect I may be specifying the wrong root directory for the project but having tinkered with changing the root directory I haven't had any luck.

Ideas?
Veteran

Hi there - my understanding that the problem is fixed with the setup, correct?
Site Admin

According to our conversation by email, it appeared that no ways other than specified below are working with codeigniter. It simply throws away all things passed in the URL, except ones it knows of or aware of.
The easiest way to start debuger in this case is debugger toolbar and DebugBreak() call injected into the code.

Would you mind posting instructions on how to setup debug with CodeIgniter?

Many thanks!
Site Admin

debugger does not require any additoinal steps in case of CodeIgniter, just follow general instructions.

Riiight. Apparently I'm not reading the right instructions. AFAIK CI doesn't like GETs straight out of the box, and it appears that DBG relies on GET vars being passed around. My understanding is that without specifically configuring CI for NuSphere's version of DBG it will not work - and this matches what's happening. Razz

I've noticed some other IDEs use cookies to pass around DBG's data - is this possible with PhpEd?

Perhaps I'm missing some crucial bit of documentation - perhaps you could point me in the right direction?

Cheers!
Site Admin

Indeed, PhpED uses GET to start debug session but you can start debugger using Debugger Toolbar for IE. It uses cookie.

Thanks for replying - pity I didn't notice it sooner! (Either the notify on reply didn't work or it was relegated to spam.)
For others looking at the same problem - this solved it for me.

My setup:

- Apache 2.2 + php 5.2.1 (at c:\Program Files\PHP\) on my Windows workstation
    - Root dir = my development root dir: c:\development\website
    - Run mode = HHTP mode (3rd party WEB server)
    - Root URL: http://mywebserver/
    - Remote root dir: c:\development\website\
    - Default file to run: c:\development\website\index.php

Make sure the debug dll is installed in php by adding the following to the bottom of C:\Program Files\PHP\php.ini:
Code:
[NuSphere Debugger]
extension=php_dbg.dll

debugger.enabled=on
debugger.profiler_enabled=on
debugger.hosts_allow=localhost
debugger.hosts_deny=ALL
debugger.ports=7869, 10000/16

Hi,

I am very new to PHP and nusphere. I installed a demo version and tried to use it to debug the my PHP code that uses code igniter framework.
Now I understand that I need to use "Debugging toolbar for IE". But I dont get this toolbar anywhere.

Is there any step by step documentation to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Quote:
need to use "Debugging toolbar for IE". But I dont get this toolbar anywhere

Did you check Internet Explorer toolbars? See its View->toolbars menu.

Hello dmitri,

I am a new PhpED user... and I am very happy to use this software.

I am learning Code Igniter 1.7.1 and I am experimenting some problem to run the debugger.
The IE toolbar seem to works but run the debugger from PhpEd is much more comfortable.

Please, could You help me solve this problem?

Thank's in advance.

Kenshin
View user's profileFind all posts by kenshinSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Honestly, there is nothing to solve.
If you want to run a particular URL from the IDE, you can use Tools->Open URL.
If you want to run a particular script from the IDE, you can not do this while you're working with Igniter because it needs specially formed URLs. But IDE has no clue how to form them for your application.