NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Debugger stopping at the wrong line after heredoc

hi, i've noticed an odd bug with debugger (or ide, not sure)
As you can see from screenshot below if there is a heredock block present in the code, phped jump over one row. Infact after row 8 debugger will position itself at the row number 14 in the ide, but it will be on the row number 13 in code execution. it can become very irritating since it's quite difficult to understand after while what is being executed Neutral

Is it solvable in some way or i have to wait for bugfix? Thanks.
Veteran

Strange, this is working fine for me. The little blue dots in the gutter (in your screenshot) indicate executable lines and line 13 is clearly not being shown as executable (confirming the problem).

Are you perhaps debugging a remote script with the local copy of the script and its remote copy not in sync?

Indeed.
Script on the server and local side are the same (with my settings every time i save file it's uploaded automaticaly on the server.) Anyway, i've tried it at home and haven't found any problem, i suppose that it's time to reinstall phped on my workstation at work....

Hmm, i've done some tests. It seems to be a server side issue. Since i don't have any problem if testing the script in local or on other servers...

Dbg version is the same on 2 servers, the only difference is that server A (which is working in wrong way) is Ubuntu 6.06lts, php 5.1.2 and server B (which is working correctly) is ubuntu 8.04 LTS and PHP Version 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.3.
Site Admin

It's a known bug in php when HEREDOCs are used. If you make an error for example on 14th line, you'll see line#15 in the error message.

This bug was fixed many times and seems there are always developers in PHP Group who constantly make regression. That's why the bug existed in php-4.3, then was fixed in early 4.4, then re-appeared in later 4.4 and in 5.0, then was fixed in 5.1 and may happen once again in quite new 5.2 but not under all platforms... Go figure.