NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Debugger restarts debug session repeatedly

I'm trying to use the debugger to examine the workings of the Zoop Framework, and its example skeleton application.

If I step thru the skeletons index.php, then when I get to the end, instead of displaying output, the debugger steps back to the start of the file.
this will happen repeatedly.

If I remove break at 1st line, and just run then debugger starts and finishes approx 17 debug sessions, before in finally displays the output.

Opening the file directly from ie without the debugger works fine.

I have a suspicion that it may be related to the frameworks own built in error handling, it can provide a stack backtrace for each error it finds.
and are a couple of warning, and a whole bunch of E_STRICT notices according to the debugger.

Any ideas ?

Sorry, forgot to say I'm using PHP 5.2.0, with DGB 3.1.9 and Apache 2.2.3
Site Admin

probably it's what you need Smile
if you have Debugger Session feature tunrned on (see tools->settings->debugger) and your script renders a page that refers to the same (or another) script 16times, you'll get debugger running 17 times (including initial run). Nothing wrong so far.

Dmitri,

thanks, turning of DebugSessions resolves the problem I was having.

OK now I think I begin to understand what was happening,

index.php renders a page that contains script such as
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://127.0.0.1/index.php/zoopfile/gui/fValidate/fValidate.core.js"></script>

And the browser loading that causes index.php to be re-entered as mod_rewrite sends all requests via index.php.

Is that correct ?

Do you have any tips on using the debugger in this situation, what is the disadvantage of turning off DebugSessions.
Does using an external browser, with "Debug next page" set, have the same effect as DebugSessions ?

Dmitri,

Well I dont know what happened. I'm sure that after I first turned of debug sessions, I could run without multiple sessins starting.
But now its back to the original behaviour.

Any idea what else I can try
Site Admin

Quote:
And the browser loading that causes index.php to be re-entered as mod_rewrite sends all requests via index.php.
Is that correct ?

if after all index.php is executed, it will receive debugger session cookie and subsequently will start debug session again.
You may use DebugBreak() function call to start debugger from a certain location in your code.
Alternatively you may turn off DebugSession feature and make sure it's turned off (check for c=0 in DBGSESSID value).