NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Debugger & Remote Root Directory

Hi,

Our company has recently purchased two copies of your software and are very impressed. But we are having some very strange problems with the debugger.

DBG Version: 2.16.12
PHPEd: 3.3.2
Windows XP
Suse Linux development server

We have a linux box running apache/php5/samba and have the web root of apache shared via samba.

We have a windows xp network driver mapped to the web root of the linux box.

We edit our files directly on the development server (linux box) via the windows shares detailed above.

At first I had a problem with getting the debugger working at all, but I changed the debugger host setting in phpEd to point to the ip address of the development server.

This seemed to work as the debugger now says IP client now connected.

But now we have a new problem that has to do with mapping. I have a project set up. See below for settings:

Project Root directory: L:\website

This is pointing to the network drive and website is a folder within the web root.

Run mode: HTTP mode (3rd party WEB server)

Root URL: http://linuxboxname/website

This points the actual URL need to display the websites root folder from a web browser.

Remote Root: /wesbite

This one points to the root of the site from an apache point of view. And this bit confuses me the most as we edit on the remote and view on the remote so really there is no remote.

When I add a breakpoint and push the debug button it says the following message: Failed to map remote file "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/website/filename.php" to any local file.

This is very odd as the local file is the one I opened and added the breakpoint too. The local file is within the project list.

When I click OK to that dialog it opens the file in debug mode anyway! With it breaking on the first line of code? (Not the break point). The title in the tab in phpEd says [unmapped remote file] filename.php and waits at the first line with a blue selection. Every time i click the debug button again it continues and opens the first include but then comes up with the mapping error again but then still opens it!

I have tried turning off the show map errors option but this then results with another message saying:Cannot file local file......Would you like to open it manually? If I say yes to this it opens up in the correct location with the file its looking for directly there. All I have to do is click OPEN.

Please help me!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Cameron Cooke
Site Admin

obviously remote root is /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/website/
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

OK, Thanks

I diid not know if remote root was the root of the site from apaches point of view or server root. It seems it was the latter, I just did not find the documentation clear enough to point this out. An example would be very helpful.

It seems to be working now so thank you for your help.
Debugger & Remote Root Directory