NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Debugger on PHP80 and PHP exceptions

I have reported this as a bug to NuSphere support but as of yet not received any response so I am reposting here to see if anybody else has this problem or whether it may be related to my environment:

Using PhpEd 19.5 64bit Build 19543 on Windows 10 client
with PHP80 ("remi" repo build) on Red Hat EL7 on Dell server, Apache

Just started using PHP80 instead of PHP54 with PHPEd

Debugger does not catch PHP Errors and exceptions which it did successfully under PHP54. Instead, behavior is as if debugger is not running. Exceptions are caught by PHP application, not debugger, and PHP Error behavior is PHP default.

Breakpoints, single stepping, and displaying variables all seem to work fine though.

Misbehavior occurs even if I set and successfully hit a breakpoint just prior to the statement that causes the exception and then proceed to the offending statement.

Does not seem to be related to style of debugger communication. Problem occurs both using SSH tunnel and via direct same-network communication.

Seems like some kind of misconfiguration in Settings.

Assuming you have run debugger wizard - did you check on what type of error should debugger stop?
(Settings -> Run & Debug -> Break on errors should include: E_ERROR,E_WARNING,E_PARSE,E_CORE_ERROR,E_CORE_WARNING,E_COMPILE_ERROR,E_COMPILE_WARNING,E_USER_ERROR,E_USER_WARNING,E_STRICT,E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR)

Or does it start on Debug start ? (check "Break on start" in Settings -> Run & Debug).

Does it fail in in both HTTP and CLI (command line) modes ?
Re: Debugger on PHP80 and PHP exceptions
Site Admin

gvwalsh wrote:

Debugger does not catch PHP Errors and exceptions which it did successfully under PHP54.

Is there chance you can post a sample reproducing the problem, please?