NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Debugger module version mismatch. Client expects version 3.1

Hi, I've just upgraded to PhpED 4.6 Pro. and the message I get when I try to launch the debugger is:

Quote:

DBG 2.18.5
Failed to run DBG session
Reason: debugger module version mismatch. Client expects version 3.1, installed module version 2.18
Not sure what it means? Visit http://www.nusphere.com/dbg/ for troubleshooting.

Debugger request: "38924557294900001;d=1,p=0,c=1"
Request found in: "query_string"
Target PHP version: "5.0.5"
Server API: "Apache 2.0 Handler"
Extensions API: "220040412"
Modules API: "20041030"
PHP API: "20031224"

I'm running PHP 5.0.5, Apache 2.0.58. I did a complete uninstall of PhpED 4.0, before installing PhpED 4.6.

I had no issues with the debugger in PhpED 4.0 and have the correct debug module installed in my extensions_dir, but it appears to be looking for a different version -- but then it wouldn't match my PHP version.... I'm scratching my head over this one...

All other questions aside, how do you tell what version of the DBG you have? It doesn't appear to show up anywhere I can find....

Frustrated and really wanting to get productive with the new version of PhpED......

Kelley
Site Admin

Quote:
debugger module version mismatch. Client expects version 3.1, installed module version 2.18

PhpED 4.6 comes with DBG 3.1, you need to install corresponding module for your apache, please proceed with instructions there: http://forum.nusphere.com/howto-install-debugger-module-t576.html

Quote:
I had no issues with the debugger in PhpED 4.0

Right. You installed DBG 2.18.5 and that was just fine for 4.0. As of 4.6 you need DBG 3.1

Quote:
All other questions aside, how do you tell what version of the DBG you have? It doesn't appear to show up anywhere I can find

You already listed it:
DBG 2.18.5

Also you may check phpinfo().
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

After I posted (of course) I figured out that I needed to replace my existing php_dbg.dll-5.0.5 in my extension_dir with the newer version that came with PhpED 4.6 I think my confusion came in because I was looking for some way to tell what version php_dbg.dll-5.0.5 was -- without installing it under PHP.

Thank you Dmitri, for all your work into making PHPDebugger DBG a great debugger! Without you, all the IDEs in the world would not be worth much, if they didn't include your DBG. And thanks again for your constant support of your product, monitoring this BB, as well as other sites, in providing constant, fast, information. Your work is a real delight, and you are very much appreciated.

Kelley
Debugger module version mismatch. Client expects version 3.1