NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Debugger in Ubuntu without GUI (X11) possible?

Hello,

I have a Windows XP machine with PHPEd, 3rd party debugging works flawless with my Apache webserver(with the dgb-dll).
I wonder if it is possible to debug a PhpEd-Project on my Windows XP via a virtual Ubuntu console machine, without any GUI.
I have an apache webserver on it, but no X-Server.
Can I use this apache webserver on this ubuntu to (3rd party) debug my PhpEd Project which is on Windows XP?
The virtual machine Ubuntu 12.04 is on this Windows XP as well (running in VMware Workstation).

I mean: there are Linux debug libraries, e.g.:

dbg-4.5.1-Linux.tar\dbg-4.5.1-Linux\x86_64\dbg-php-5.3.so

but how do I use them in my environment?

Thanks,

frank
Site Admin

You don't need X to run debugger.
Just follow instructions on how to install debugger which you can find in FAQ section on our web

Yes, X not needed. Endly I got it. It was a bit tricky for me, but easy in reality, when you know how Wink

Firstly, the dbg library must be installed on the external Ubuntu apache, it must be the right dbg for it, so for my PHP 5.3 I needed:

PHPed\debugger\server\dbg-4.5.1-Linux.tar.gz\dbg-4.5.1-Linux.tar\dbg-4.5.1-Linux\x86_64\dbg-php-5.3.so

I used the dbg-wizard.php and this helps in some steps. My problem was, that I had no direct connection to this ubuntu, only SSH (and I used WinSCP to change the files).
So when I changed something on the external ubuntu files, I had to change it identical and manually on my local PhpEd-project to debug correctly.

So the best would be, if possible, to make a new project with the root directory on the external server via file sharing or some simular service.

frank
Debugger in Ubuntu without GUI (X11) possible?