NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Debug stops on mystery lines which previously had breakpoint

Each time I run the debugger it stops on lines that do not have breakpoints. However, these same lines did have breakpoints at some point in the past, so it seems there is a 'ghost' breakpoint still hanging around. Any config file that I might edit to dig into this?
Thanks.

Problem solved...
First I closed the IDE. Then I went into the file in the root of my development directory named 'NuSphereWorkspace.dsk'. In there I deleted the 'ghost' breakpoint in question under the "[breakpoints]" section, renumbered the other breakpoints and adjusted the value of "bp_count=X". Now the debugger runs smoothly and doesn't stop unexpectedly anymore.
Guru master

I regularly get this problem. It seems to happen if I remove a breakpoint in an active debug session then either accidentally start a new debug session or the page happens to start a new session in the background (eg AJAX).

I then end up with a code line with no breakpoint marker but it still gets breakpoints. However, the breakpoint does still show in the Breakpoints window, so when the breakpoint next gets hit, I can go to the Breakpoints window, identify it by filename/line number, delete it and problem gone.

I didn't find any need to exit the IDE or edit the project files directly. Wink
Site Admin

This shouldn't happen in 6.2.
(if it does, please contact support)