NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Debug session won't start

Hi,

I've just installed the latest version of phpEd (5.2.5235) and the latest debugger and I've restarted Apache, but I cannot get any debug session to attached to Firefox. 'Debug Sessions' both in the settings and the Open Url dialog box are checked, which is the problem I had last time.

Could you tell me how I can get the debug sessions to attach to the Firefox windows, please?

Debbie
View user's profileFind all posts by Debbie-LeighSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

I don't know the answer for sure, but this is what I would try:
  • In Firefox, open the DBG toolbar Options and ensure that the URL you want to debug is listed in the DBGable URLS. You should have entries like http://localhost and http://*.mywebserver.
  • Try initiate the debugging session from within PhpED.

Hi anno,

Oh, I didn't know about this new feature. Is it a new feature. It does seem to a rather long winded way to get the debugging feature working, though. However, I tried it, but it still doesn't work. phpEd still waits for a debug connection and times out.

Any other ideas would be welcome.

Debbie
View user's profileFind all posts by Debbie-LeighSend private messageVisit poster's website

Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas how to get the debugger to attach to my Firefox browser, as it is still not working?

Debbie
Site Admin

Hi Debbie,
I'm not sure I got you right:
Quote:
I cannot get any debug session to attach to my Firefox browser

Do you mean Embedded Mozilla broser that comes with PhpED or the external FireFox browser installed on your system?
In either case, please make sure that you have selected default browser in Tools->Default Browser menu.

If it still does not run the debugger, please constact support and provide all details and screenshots.