NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Debug / log version of Debugger DLL available?

Is there a version of the debugger available that will create a log file of its actions?

Reason I ask is that it keeps bombing out on me whilst I'm debugging. I'm running 3.6 on my main PC and installed 3.9 onto the server to see if that made a difference and it doesn't, they both fall over at the same point.

Its as if the process gets killed, you press F8 to go to the next line and it simply stops running and returns to non-debug state.

The script runs fine if you don't debug it, it only fails when I'm running it through the debugger.

There are no error messages in either the PHP log or mySQL log, nor any of the system logs (server is running Windows Server 2008), nothing is shown on the output tab, it simply ends with nothing to say why!

If I add a breakpoint at a later point in the code, it will run to that point and fall over shortly afterwards.

It appears something goes wrong before that though as the variable debugging tooltips stop working and typing the variable name into either the watch or inspector window returns nothing.

I've been using PhpED for years and not had this problem before. I just wish there was something to start from to investigate it, but there isn't.

The only thing I would note that is different with the script I'm working on at the moment is that it has a lot of variables that are references to other variables, i.e. lookup tables. Its a stock importer, so its pretty heavy on its memory usage.

That's really the only difference between this script and anything else I run and its only showing problems with this importer.

I would send you the script, but sadly its not just one script, it still uses the framework we've developed, so its not as easy as one single script!

Steve.
Re: Debug / log version of Debugger DLL available?

Just a quick addendum, if I limit the number of rows returned to 250, then it doesn't fall over. It must be memory related or similar.

A full table fetch (which is what it does), would return 11,000 rows. If I do that then it falls over.

Steve.
Debug / log version of Debugger DLL available?