NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Debug from Windows Host to VirtualBox Centos

I've been pulling my hair out for 3 days now trying to find a way to debug from my Windows 8.1 Host system to a VirtualBox CentOS 6.6 Guest.

I can ping the guest, connect to the apache server inside the guest from the host with no problem. I can create a SSH connection from HOST to Guest (setup on a Host Only Network connection)

But no matter what I do, when I do the Project Setting Wizard, everything works until check the debugger and get Error: (-141) debugger failed to connect to the client machine at address 192.168.56.1 on tcp/7869

That is the ip that windows sees the VM Host Only adapter at. Inside the CentOS 6.6 guest the website is 192.168.56.105. I've tried every combination, ssh, port forwarding, even that they are on the same network
(in the checking php installation page it shows client outbond IP=192.168.56.1, same network, shows the correct document root and that debugger version 7.5.14, enabled.

Any suggestions? I really need to be able to debug on a virutalBox Linux guest

Thanks in advance
Jim
Guru master

If you are using a firewall on the Windows, try turning that off. Many Windows firewalls are application aware and might be blocking either the debug listener, PhpED and/or port 7869.

The PhpED installer does normally create suitable rules for the Microsoft firewall, but not for third-party firewalls.

Does a phpinfo() show the NuSphere DBG module as being loaded?

Are you allowing port 7869 to communicate in the CentOS firewall (often that would be iptables)?

The iptables firewall config can vary, but this should work with the default config;

Code:
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 7869 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p tcp -m tcp --sport 7869 -j ACCEPT
Thank You

plugnplay,

Thank you so much!!! I've been beating my head against the wall. The iptables wouldn't accept the -A RH-Firewall line, but one the -A OUTPUT line was added, everything worked.

Thank you again, that is a HUGE help for me.

Jim
Debug from Windows Host to VirtualBox Centos