NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
DDD front end?
javajoint

Debian Linux

Where is a writeup for using DDD as a front end to DBG?

I'm getting confused, because the client is no longer in the
sources.
Site Admin

DBG console application used as a slave debugger for DDD is not changed since 2.10. This branch simply stopped in 2001.
All efforts were focused on PhpED / Linux and transition to its graphics fron-end. That's why dbglistener for Linux was developed.

If you run Debian on x86 hardware PhpED/Linux should work there.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I am running Red Hat 8 and it looks like the old client still works. After the nice help from ddmitrie on using the dbg command-line tool I just used the same setup from DDD (of course I had to tell DDD to use dbg instead of gdb). DDD hapily displays the green arrow on the correct source line and shows varable values on the data window.

Running php-dbg 2.11.23, compiled from sources, php-dbg-client 2.10 suplied as a rpm package on the distribution, ddd 3.3.1 and php 4.2.2 both from rpms included on red hat cd.

But I still don't know hot to see the output of my php scripts being debugged and how to interact with then using html links and forms.

I'm confused. Is it still possible to use DDD with DBG to debug PHP scripts? That is what I want to do!

Thanks,
BS
Site Admin

"still" depends on what version you are going to use.
DDD can work with php through dbg console only.
And latter thing is provided with dbg 2.10rc2&3 versions.
I didn't do anything with dbg console since 2001 so it hardly can work with present version. But who knows...
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks ddmitrie. It would be nice to have DDD work with PHP, but I understand your focus is elsewhere. Thanks for replying.

BS
DDD front end?