NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
DBG - what other IDE is using it?

Hi all,

Does anyone know of other PHP IDE that can be used with DBG extension (available at http://www.php-debugger.com) ?

Thanks!
Guru master

As far as I'm aware NuSphere (Dmitri specifically?) wrote DBG themselves and own it. Before I started using PhpED and when I was searching for a good debugger (xdebug didn't meet my requirements) There was a free release of DBG, then the better DBG was only for use with PhpED. That was originally why I started using PhpED. The free DBG does not support changing of execution point and for me that was an essential feature.
Site Admin

That's correct. Also I have to add that free version does not support global breakpoints.
For example, you noticed that a particular variable is assigned 5 somewhere and you need to know where it is done. Then you may want add global breakpoint with $a==5 condition, or vice versa it should be 5 and somwhere it is assigned with something bogus, then $a!=5 condition should be set. It's not limited to variables, you can check a result returned by any valid php statement. Note that this statement is executed literally on each executable line in your code. This may slowdown execution if the expression is not trivial, but in some cases it's just last resort to find bugs.