NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Site Admin

Since you compiled dbg.so, you'd better know why it can't be loaded.
Hope you didn't do it being blind and checked compilation logs.

DBG for Mac OSX provided by NuSphere works fine under Darwin 6 and 7.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

1. don't really know what i am doing here.
2. I didn't see any logs/errors during compile.
3. where may i get precompiled versions, then?
Site Admin

Quote:

Probably you need a php debugger for your server running mac osx.
Not ? You want a coke ? Smile

Quote:

Can't believe. Normally gcc (or whatsoever compiler you used) outputs a lot of logs, and at least one-two warnings should be there.

Quote:

they are commercial. Dbg 2.14.10 and dbg 2.16.3 for PhpED 3.2 and PhpED 3.3 respectively. If you purchase PhpED you'll get debugger modules for the following platforms: Windows/Intel, Linux (libc6/glibc2)/Intel, FreeBSD 4x(libc)/Intel, SunOS 6 or higher/Sparc, MAC OSX (darwin 6 or 7)/PPC.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
Quote:

Probably you need a php debugger for your server running mac osx.

Not ? You want a coke ? Smile

ok smart alek :)

ddmitrie wrote:
Quote:

Can't believe. Normally gcc (or whatsoever compiler you used) outputs a lot of logs, and at least one-two warnings should be there.

any ideas where to look for said logs?

ddmitrie wrote:
Quote:

they are commercial. Dbg 2.14.10 and dbg 2.16.3 for PhpED 3.2 and PhpED 3.3 respectively. If you purchase PhpED you'll get debugger modules for the following platforms: Windows/Intel, Linux (libc6/glibc2)/Intel, FreeBSD 4x(libc)/Intel, SunOS 6 or higher/Sparc, MAC OSX (darwin 6 or 7)/PPC.

[/quote]
As a small startup company I don't believe there is any way we can afford the commercial version as of yet. However if we get this working now, and like it, that will be a major consideration when we start looking to buy a commercial editing package in the future.
Site Admin

Quote:
any ideas where to look for said logs?

They are shown when you run compilation.
To snap them into the files you'd run

Code:
acommandwithoptions > fileforlogs 2>fileforerrors

then inspect fileforlogs and fileforerrors

Quote:
As a small startup company I don't believe there is any way we can afford the commercial version as of yet. However if we get this working now, and like it, that will be a major consideration when we start looking to buy a commercial editing package in the future.

Looks resonable if you give a try to phped/windows trial version with modules that come with it. If you find the IDE useful, you'd consider next steps, such as applying to sales and explaining that you are small business. Discounts will be provided, I'm sure.

Anyways, with 2.11.23 you won't be able to test phped. It requires 2.14 (for 3.2) or 2.16 (for phped 3.3) debugger modules and can't work with 2.11.

windows? I am using OSX.

I will try the demo and see then.

Another option that I want to try is the Eclipse IDE with a PHP plugin, but that plugin uses DBG to do its debugging, so in order to test that I need to get this running. Also, while we're on the subject, can you tell me why I should choose the commercial version of this product over Zend IDE? After all Zend is $80 cheaper.
Site Admin

You may try everything yourself and let us know what is finally better.
Regarding MAC OSX, yet we have no client for this platform. Only debugger modules and therefore we may consider this platform as a server only.
DBG under MAC OSX