NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
dbg so module for php 4.4.0

Does anybody know if it is possible to just rename the module dbg.so-4.3.10 to dbg.so-4.4.0 and have it work? The reason I ask is that I upgrade to php 4.4.0 to fix a security hole but when I downloaded the dbg so tarball there is not a module for 4.4.0 in it yet and I need to get this back up and working.

In the PHP 4.4.0 announcement they said that there's no new functionality - they just fixed some security problems. Because the fixes required a change in the API, the minor version had to be bumped up.

Because of the API change you will probably not be able to use 4.3 debugger binaries with 4.4.
Site Admin

Quote:
I downloaded the dbg so tarball there is

Do you mean dbg 2.11 (free) or 2.16 (commercial) ?
Commercial branch will be updated in next few days. Free version will be updated too, but not too fast, yet.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Any news on when php 4.4.0 will be supported? DBG has never worked for me so I just reinstalled everything (XAMPP) and it came with 4.4.0 so I want to see if I can finally get DBG to work. I'll gladly buy it if I know it will work.
Site Admin

You may try PHPED IDE v4 that comes with dbg 2.18 and supports php 4.4.0 in particular. This version is shipped with modules for linux, freebsd and some other OSes.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Where can I get version 4.4.1 modules?

We have purchased version 3.3 of PHPEd and need to update to PHP version 4.4.1 due some severe security exploits. Where can I download the modules from? I tried logging in and downloading from My Updates but that version does not have the needed modules.
Site Admin

I'd highly recommend you upgrade to version 4. We release updates for this version quite fast.
Regarding 3.3 support and free updates are provided to advantage customers only.
Anyway, please contact support by email for further clarifications.
TIA,
Dmitri.
dbg so module for php 4.4.0