NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
A further clue

I reinstalled PHP5 from scratch and the debugger worked fine. I then installed (or updated) the default PEAR packages using go-pear.bat. With no other changes, debugging no longer works.

Curiously, I don't get the "Unknown" file error, though. Instead, the debugger apparently starts with no problem and stops at the first line. When I click to single-step or step over, the debugger behaves as if I'd just pressed "run". It zips through the script, ignoring all breakpoints and outputs the final page.

No debugging is possible.

I'll try to narrow down which PEAR package is causing the problem.

Michael W.
Found the culprit -- PEAR::DB. What to do now?

I found that installing ONLY PEAR::DB resulted in disabling the debugger. I also noted something that I'd not paid attention to earlier - - when I single-step over my include statements that include PEAR::DB, the debugger appears to hang for a bit then rushes forward to the end of the script. I pulled up the "errors" debugger tab and see a huge number of E_STRICT errors where PEAR::DB is apparently using tons of features that are deprecated in PHP5. This takes a long time to output.

Once the outputting of the E_STRICTs is complete, the page loads and the script executes fine. Although, without the debugger. Is this the "timeout" thing that I've seen mentioned elsewhere on the forums? I'll go read.

Michael W.
Site Admin

Hmm, I tested a simple script below:
test.php5
Code:
<?php
   require_once 'DB.php';
   $a="hello world";
   echo $a;
?>

yes, indeed, pear::db uses syntax which causes 21 E_STRICT errors. But it does not affect debugger nor its ability to debug the code shown.
If you're still experiencing the problems please post an example on how to replicate them. Don't forget to list version numbers for dbg module, dbglistener and phped. Also I'd like to see content of the Watches window.

TIA.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
dbg & PEAR