NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Dbg Mapping :: Failed to map [path] to remote file system.

After much bumbling about, I've just about managed to get remote debugging working properly (am I the only one who finds all these path settings to be confusing?).

So after several days of trying on my own, am breaking down and asking for a wee bit of help...

I've gotten the Techplatform installed and working properly (debugger installed ok, apache using virtual hosts). Where I'm stuck is that when trying to get project mapping sorted out, I keep getting:
Failed to map "C:\Program Files\nusphere\TechPlat\apache\htdocs\www\toolboxdev\public_html\_webascent\toolbox.htm" local file to remote file system.
Failed to map "C:\Program Files\nusphere\TechPlat\apache\htdocs\www\toolboxdev 1.2\_dwa\_code\auth.php" local file to remote file system.
errors in PhpEd.

It seems quite clear that I've still got the mapping paths wrong, but what's stumping me is the fact that the paths displayed in the errors above don't exist on my system (Win XP). Neither of the "toolbox\" or "toolboxdev 1.2\" folders exists -- they were early attempts and were deleted days ago, yet regardless of what I change in the Project's properties/mappings, I receive the same two mapping errors with these non-existing paths.

Everything else seems to be working ok -- I can view and debug files & connect to an ftp server (FileZilla Server) in this project, its just that I'm getting these mapping errors.

Apache vhosts:
DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/nusphere/TechPlat/apache/htdocs/www/toolboxdev1_2/public_html"

Project Root Directory:
Project Remote Root Directory:

C:\Program Files\nusphere\TechPlat\apache\htdocs\www\toolboxdev1_2

Project Mapping 1:
Remote directory:
C:\Program Files\nusphere\TechPlat\apache\htdocs\www\toolboxdev1_2\public_html
Local directory:
C:\Program Files\nusphere\TechPlat\apache\htdocs\www\toolboxdev1_2\public_html
URL:
http://mywebserver
Project Mapping 2:
Remote directory:
Local directory:

I know these mapping issues must drive you support devs a bit nuts, but this stuff can be rather tangled, and I think that first after solving this type of issue, does it start to make sense to us mere mortals Wink

Any comments and/or insights would be great!

Cheers,
-Chris

PS. The work you've done on the Techplat and debug installers has made a huge difference for me. Keep up the good work!

i've been getting a "fail to map.." error for months on one of my large zend framework projects, and after pulling my hair out for a day or two, decided to just live with it. phped works perfectly, but on my main index.php i get this warning.

i will be following this thread closely to see if i, too, can get this issue resolved.

regards,
- mark
View user's profileFind all posts by menriquezSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Site Admin

Quote:
I keep getting:
Failed to map "C:\Program Files\nusphere\TechPlat\apache\htdocs\www\toolboxdev\public_html\_webascent\toolbox.htm" local file to remote file system.
Failed to map "C:\Program Files\nusphere\TechPlat\apache\htdocs\www\toolboxdev 1.2\_dwa\_code\auth.php" local file to remote file system.

hmm, you have one or many out-of-project directories. In this case you need to map them accordingly.
Feel free to add
local = C:\Program Files\nusphere\TechPlat\apache\htdocs
remote = C:\Program Files\nusphere\TechPlat\apache\htdocs
url - leave empty
on the mapping tab.