NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
DBG helper extension for Chrome browser

Hi folks,

Having a DBG debugging/profiling extension/plugin in multiple browsers during development is a great convenience. Like you, I have long-appreciated the great contribution of Ian Flory's DBGbar for Firefox. It is, and remains, the most full-featured DBG plugin available.

But now you can enjoy having a convenient DBG extension available for the Chrome browser. DBG helper is very lightweight and has a decidedly minimal feature-set. It will conveniently let you start on-demand debugging and profiling sessions for sites you have configured it to recognize for remote debugging.

You will find the DBG helper extension at the Chrome App Store (formerly the Chrome Extension Gallery) where it is conveniently and freely available for your development pleasure.

Thanks go, certainly, to Ian Flory for his long-standing contribution to PhpED and DBG development. DBGbar inspired me to want a Chrome plugin badly enough to make one. And thanks, too, to the good folks at WREP IT who created and freely offer the Xdebug helper Chrome extension from which DBG helper was wrought during a worthwhile, sometimes frustrating, and much-needed personal learning experience. This is my first Chrome extension. Although there was much to grok on the way in, I must say that the experience was most rewarding and beneficial. I look forward to doing more as time and inspiration allows.

--Jim Salmons--
AKA DropaBalm.com Jambo Very Happy
and Sohodjo.com Jim Very Happy

Thank you for this! This is what I've been waiting for to make the switch to Chrome from Firefox!
Veteran

Is this still available? I've installed it, but nothing shows up in chrome?

In chrome settings, it is enabled, plugin version 1.0.0.0, latest version of chrome.
Site Admin

Looks like you did not add your domains.
With all URLs you won't see any changes unless you visit sites with registered domain.
In this case you'll notice debugger button in the URL bar, like on the screenshot

Do you have a link to a page that explains how to do this please?

Hi, does anybody use this extension?

It suddenly vanished from my chrome... If I try to re-add it to Chrome it reports:

There was a problem with the download. Please contact the developer or try again later.
Hide details
Invalid manifest
DBG helper extension for Chrome browser