NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
DBG & eAccelerator - is there a way?

This isn't a "problem", as I'm very familiar with the fact that DBG and eAccelerator don't play nice together, as I've been using phpEd for years now.

The question is simply; Is there any way to make them operate concurrently?

Also, (something I haven't tried yet) is disabling eAccelerator via .htaccess [i.e. php_flag eaccelerator.enabled 0] enough to allow DBG to run normally under a single vhost? One of the reasons that I ask this is that my fellow developers and I share a (large) machine. They don't use DBG (most of them run Mac or Linux), but they want eAccelerator installed to match our production environment. I, however, want the option to run both (separately, or concurrently if there's a way). Currently I've been doing my DBG sessions on a separate machine, but this makes things much more complicated.
View user's profileFind all posts by SigneSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number

Hrm.

Code:

Failed to load DBG PHP Debugger
DBG extension is not compatible with "eAccelerator". Please comment it out in php.ini.

Well, I guess that answers both questions. Sadly, I thought that the second one was actually feasible.

PHPInfo snapshot:

Code:

dbg
DBG   DBG php debugger, version 3.1.7, Copyright 2001, 2006 Dmitri Dmitrienko, http://www.nusphere.com/dbg

Failed to load DBG PHP Debugger
DBG extension is not compatible with "eAccelerator". Please comment it out in php.ini.

Version    3.1.7
Linked    as asharedlibrary.
Dbg SSL    notavailable
Dbg ip security    enabled.
Profiler    disabled
Target PHP version    5.2.0
Server API    Apache 2.0Handler
Extensions API    220060519
Modules API    20060613
PHP API    20041225

Directive   Local Value   Master Value

eAccelerator
eAccelerator support   enabled
Version    0.9.5
Caching Enabled    false
Optimizer Enabled    false
Memory Size    33,554,396Bytes
Memory Available    26,848,736Bytes
Memory Allocated    6,705,660Bytes
Cached Scripts    131
Removed Scripts    0
Cached Keys    0
View user's profileFind all posts by SigneSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Site Admin

You want to debug your code right?
To make a code be debugged it have to be executed, right?
Hense, you have to turn eAccelerator off because it caches code and removes all debugging info from it Smile
And honestly, debugger has nothing to do with this situation.

If eAccelerator is a supported product, please ask them to contact me or provide their contact info so I'll contact them and we'll find a solution on how to live together Smile

I can understand that answer in response to the first question, however the second (as to whether disabling eAccelerator would be enough) seems to have changed. Contacting them is done via their mailing list - http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/eaccelerator-developers.

In prior releases of phpEd/DBG, the "eAccelerator is an unsupported product" message never appeared, and (it seemed, at least, that) DBG would load side-by-side with it, even if it wouldn't run.

It seems like the second situation should be supported, but for user-support reasons you added the eAccelerator check to reduce the number of user problems with it. Is that correct?

If so, would it be possible to make the eAccelerator check not simply on whether the module is loaded or not, but whether it is actually active. By setting eaccelerator.optimizer to 0 and eacclerator.enable to 0, the module is loaded, but completely disabled. This is something that can be done on a VHost or Directory level in Apache, which would allow situations like mine - operating on a shared server where eAccelerator is installed, but disabling it on a site-by-site or directory-by-directory basis for debugging.
Site Admin

Strictly speaking eAccelerator should just not do one little thing and I'll them about it and hopefully it will be enough.