NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
DBG doesn't stop at breakpoints
Veteran

Hi,
DBG has started to don't stop at breakpoints.

If I start a debug sessions with F8 (step over) I'm able to do a step by step debug and DBG works, starting with F9 (Run in debugger) and putting a breakpoint near a non empty/commented line the debugger doesn't stop.

I've Phped build 4633
>php -v
PHP 4.4.1 (cli) (built: Oct 30 2005 12:45:47)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
with eAccelerator v0.9.3-rc2, Copyright (c) 2004-2004 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator
with DBG v3.1.6, (C) 2000,2006, by Dmitri Dmitrienko

Could you help me?

Thank you,
Tommaso
Veteran

Tomasso, do you have eaccelerator installed by any chance? If you - please turn it off for debugging. BTW, PhpEXpress is free and works fine with the debugger.
Veteran

hello, I've eaccelerator installed but it's disabled:
eaccelerator.enable = "0"

I know it could cause problems; but this time it's not the problem. I use dbg and eac since 2 years and the problem started few weeks ago

Thank you,
Tommaso
Veteran

Still , please try unloading eaccelerator - just take it out. Whether it is turned on or off - it still caused the issue simply b'ze the module is loaded. Please give it a try - many thanks!
Veteran

sure.

I've tried few seconds ago; I've completely removed eac:

> php -v
PHP 4.4.1 (cli) (built: Oct 30 2005 12:45:47)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
with DBG v3.1.6, (C) 2000,2006, by Dmitri Dmitrienko

I've restarted apache and breakpoints still don't work. Please not DBG worked since few weeks ago with breakpoints and eac.

Thank you,
Tommaso
Site Admin

I'd recommend you to check Apache, not php -v.
eAccelerator changes php behaviour and in particular this module does not call necessary events that php always calls and this causes the problems with breakpoints in debugger and may cause other problems in other modules as well.

Honestly when I discovered that I tried to contact eAccelerator guys and sent them a few emails. Looks like they felt into a blackhole.

I've completely removed eac from php.ini and the problem is still there.
Your tech support tried to help me but without success

I think the problem is due to advanced mapping setting I've for my project. The problem described happens only for one project and not for all.

In my project I've not defined any default server url because I've several modules out of http area and I followed the example number 4 in your help. WIth this configuration debugger doesn't stop at breakpoint.

Please try to replicate this configuration; I think you'll find the problem

Thank you,
Tom
Site Admin

When you start debugger does IDE show any mapping errors if they are enabled?

I don't remember any mapping errors (BTW I'll come back at office on wednesday and I double check).
DBG works properly doing a step by step debugging - the only problem is the stop at breakpoints

thank you
Site Admin

it once again looks like you still have eAccelerator installed. With it installed, debugger behaves _exactly_ like you described.
BTW, I assume that you set breakpoints on correct lines that have blue dots on the gutter. Right?

Hi dmitri,
please trust me; I've completely removed eac and restarted apache. I know it behaves exactly how I described, it happened in the past.

Yes I set kreakpoint on correct lines: if it can help you please note that DBG doesn't work properly -only- with the project with the "strange" mapping. With other project it works properly with or without eac installed (in the case of eac installed I disable eac in php.ini, in this manner I can use shared memory functions, but I don't use script caching which cause problems with DBG)

Thank you
Tom
DBG doesn't stop at breakpoints