NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
dbg 2.15 DLL'S

I upgraded from php 5.1.4 today to 5.2RC3 and it seems the php dbg dll that i was using with 5.1.4 (php_dbg-5.1.2.dll) no longer seems to work under php 5.2RC3.

I'm also using apache 2.2.2. All on windows abviously.

Later on today we'll be needing to upgrade our linux development box which also needs php dbg and php5.2rc3 and will thus be needing .so files too.

We need php 5.2RC3 as it has some critical php segfault issues that have been resolved which are only available in the 5.2 branch.

Many thanks,

Dom
Site Admin

Dear Dom,

what DBG version you're talking about?
If you're nusphere customer, please contact through http://shop.nusphere.com/contact_us/ page.
If you're using Free version of debugger (2.13 or 2.15) don't hesitate to compile from sources.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I'm using php dbg 2.13.1.

Normally it shows the dbg info near the top of the php output, with php 5.2rc3 it doesn't. I'm using xdebug (with all default options) too, as it's var_dump output and stack trace stuff is nice (though the latter also seems to be not working as of 5.2rc3).

Alas we're not using the commercial version. it would be nice if we could buy *just* the debugger though as we all use Eclipse (+phpeclipse + oxygenxml) as our development platform.

I'll get our sysadmin to compile up a new version for *nix from the sources as that should be easy enough. Can you tell me (or point me info regarding) what tools are needed to require the windows .dll's from source?

Is the source available on the dll download page? if not do you have a url for it?

Many thanks for the reply.
Site Admin

2.15 in sources is available on sf.net, see project dbg2.
To compile windows binaries, you need MS Visual Studio 6 and a guy who knows how to use it Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

a guy who knows how to use it? shouldn't be a problem

/me points at www.HydraIRC.com and shouts "that's mine"

only thing is i've not got vs 6 installed any more, i'd have to dig out vmware first too.. damn.

is there a changelog available for 2.15?

Is sf broken or something at the moment as when i look here I don't see any source?

http://dbg2.cvs.sourceforge.net/dbg2/

Thanks for the replies btw.
Site Admin

Dbg is not under sf's CVS. You may download from the Files section.

Changelog? he he.. 3 things are done:
-fixed crash under Apache if dbg is used with 5.1.4 (pure php problem, but a workaround found)
-improved configure script for dbg-cli. It can be compiled easily under various platforms now
-fixed big delay when CGI debug session is requested but php is not properly configured (debugger is off for example). Now it leaves immediately.

that's all so far.

ahh, very interesting. I did have problems with apache crashing during debugging.

You don't by any chance have an eta on when the dll and so's for 2.15 are going to be released do you? if it's a while off i'd still be interested in a windows .dll in the meantime, maybe you could PM or EMail it to me?
dbg 2.15 DLL'S