NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
DB-Forms Wizard MYSQL Client Error

I decided to see what kind of output the DB-Forms Wizard would give so I tried to run it. When I setup the connection to my MYSQL database, I get the message:

"Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server. consider upgrading MySQL client."

I got the latest ODBC driver from MySQL but still get the same message. What do I need to do to resolve this issue?

I have the same problem
Guru master

PhpED comes with an old MySQL library file called c:\program files\nusphere\phped\libmysql.dll and a size of 228KB.

Due to Oracle licensing restrictions the newer libraries cannot be distributed with PhpED but it has been raised a few times in these forums as to why distribute such an old version that not many people can use anymore. Probably better to not distribute then maybe be a little more helpful when first using the DB Client.

Anyway, close PhpED, find the libmysql.dll from your MySQL installation and copy (not move) it to the phped folder, start PhpED then see if it works.

The newer libraries are much larger, over 2MB in size, so that is a quick way of determining if you are using an old library.
Resolved

Sorry for the long delay in replying. The solution provided did indeed resolve the issue. Thanks so much for the help.
DB-Forms Wizard MYSQL Client Error