NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
DB Form Wizard .. missing the OPEN QUERY Button .. Help!

Hello,

I posted on this issue yesterday, but maybe that got moved. I do not see a separate forum for your DATABASE FORM WIZARD.

Is this a new addition, because it does not seem to come up on my PC the way it is described in the manual. This is what the manual says .. Use the SQL Window button to enter SQL commands. When you click the button, the SQL Window dialog displays. You can type in the SQL query in the top area and click the OPEN QUERY button to execute your query. The results will be displayed in the bottom area of the window. Click NEXT to move on to the next page of DB-Form Wizard.

But when I press the SQL Window, the top and bottom half pop up, enabling me to type in my SQL query, but there is no OPEN QUERY button, so there is nothing to do but close that query dialog window. Hence no query is performed, and the result is an empty config file.

Instead of the OPEN QUERY button, there appears to be four small rectangles in the bottom half of the dialog box. Here is an image of it, if this forum allows .. aw, its just a jpg file i saved .. I do not know how I can attach it here. Sorry.

Anyway, am I missing something, or is there a bug? To be honest, the idea of creating mysql update forms is what most attracted me to try the PHP/ED product, though I like its touch and feel so far.

Should this thread be under TOOLS ? Can anyone help me here?

Thanks. Crying or Very sad [/img]
Site Admin

if you're concerning where the Open Query button is, please check the screenshot below:

Hi, and thank you for your speedy reply, and your picture.

I am looking at that dialog box, .. there are the two halves, top and bottom, but there is no Open Query button. I expanded the box rightward, but still no button.

And the bottom half of the screen has four small rectangles - two on top of two, with the bottom right of these blue.

Dmitri, I am in a WAMP environment (includes Apache, mySql and PHP 5.2 I believe), and have already run a php program against the DB, which ran successfully.

If I could send you an email, I could attach a .jpg image of my screen.

Thanks again, Brian

Surprised

I want to add something I had not noticed. Without my query input, apparently the form builder still proceeded to generate both a php file and an config file .. and when I ran the PHP code, lo and behold, there was a nice form with ADD , UPDATE , DELETE buttons!

And they worked .. which makes me one happy guy at the moment.

Still, what if I wanted some conditional retrieval (which I do) .. then it was important to be able to type in my SQL Query, which, of course, I was not able to do because of the missing OPEN QUERY button.

I just wanted you to know that the connection and all seems okay because the generated code ran. I am going to look at that now to see if I can manipulate it.

Any possible reasons come to mind as to the missing button? Thanks a lot for your help! Wink
Site Admin

Great that it almost all works fine for you. Regarding the missed button, please contact support. It's an appropriate way to report problems and if there are any probelms on our side, we'll fix them.