NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
DB Client error

It said in the changes doc for ver. 6 that the dbclient has new drivers etc. So I tried to connect to my local mysql database and got the following error:
Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

I'm running 5.1.34-community version of MySQL. Thanks for your assistance.

You have to copy the libmysql.dll from your 5.1.34 edition into the phpED directory.
There is no current version delivered because of copyright issues.
This should do the trick.
Still doesn't work

Thanks, Sares... I did as you suggested, but now I get an error that it can't load the library and asking me to stick it into somewhere with PATH or where the program runs... I put it into the folder where PhpED is... should it be elsewhere?

Thanks.

Hi RecordSage,

I had the same problem yesterday and I simply copied the libmysql.dll and libmysqld.dll to
the app-path where phpED is installed. In my case C:\programs\Nusphere\phpED 6

There is already a libmysql.dll file in this directory and you should quit IDE before
you copy the .dll because it might be that file is locked by IDE probably.
After restarting the IDE everything works fine in my case.
Site Admin

Sares wrote:
you should quit IDE before
you copy the .dll

and you'd do this under Administrator's account or with elevation turned on or at least with W7 virtualization turned off.
Attempt to copy a file into %PROGRAMS% directory without approrpiate permistions will make OS mimic the file is copied,
while in fact it's a copy from a deep directory in profile. (See Virtualization explained on microsoft.com site)

I copied the library from mysql to 3 places related to php and PHPEd, as admin, without any errors and it still won't do it. Personally I think it's a waste of time to dink with this and it's ridiculous that after all these versions of PHPed - there isn't a better solution than the one presented.

Quote:
there isn't a better solution than the one presented

I absolutely agree with you, all these tricks with mysql library are VERY rediculous and waste of time. Tell this to MySQL AB (now Oracle) to update their CLIENT library license and allow its free redistribution.
What comes with PhpED is the last version permitted for free redistribution and it's what you have to replace if you're requested.
The file name is libmysql.dll located in %PROGRAMFILES%\nusphere\phped
The library you have to take is installed as part of your mysql package and its name is the same -- libmysql.dll. Copy it into PhpED's directory. That's it.

Hi Dmitri, thanks for your attempts, but I copied the file, as you indicated. It's the same exact size in both places, IDE was down when I copied, I gave it admin ok to proceed and - it still doesn't work.

As you know - talking to Larry would be equivalent of talking to a wall. Logically - it makes no sense in my view why even include a library that you KNOW won't work after the install. Why not instead to include a script that'll presume default install location for the library in MySQL directory and copy it to where the IDE is installed? That would NOT interfere with any licensing and you can provide the script clearly pointing out that the users need to run it to make it work. That would be far more useful than including an obsolete non-functional library.

Thanks.