NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
DataBases Synchronization

It would be the best if you could sync two dbs between the DB Client Feature. There are a lot of free tools in the internet that can do this, but if PHPEd had it, it truly be the best software i ever bought in the PHP Development area.

Cheers!
View user's profileFind all posts by leorouSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Veteran

Are you talking about DB replication? If yes, I'll have to say that it is not that easy - speaking from experience. The problem is of course in conflicting recods - you updated record X and so did I. Who wins?

I agree with yfactor ... not really to implement ...

What I mean is something like the Smart upload for the files but for the Database. I sometimes had to add some records to my local database so the PHP script could work and when I upload the script I have to add those records to the server database. It would be the best if I could somehow visualize the records I need to upload from the local database, right-click on them and choose "Upload to server". Wouldn't be great?

Thanks,
Leonardo.
View user's profileFind all posts by leorouSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Site Admin

sounds exactly like DB replication.
feel free to google for such products.